Model Cars Magazine Forum

Selling question

Kaleb

On 1/2/2020 at 9:06 PM, High octane said:

Take them to your local swap meet and sell them there, or maybe at your local model car club meeting.

That's assuming either exists in his particular area, which is not always the case. It's not like there's a modeling club on every corner. I know for a fact that there is only one scale modelers club in NYC, The Brooklyn Plastic Modelers Society, and it's located in the middle of Downtown Nowhere. Local swap meets/flea markets aren't always an option for buying or selling model-related items because a majority of the stuff sold is junk. Unlike some of the luckier forum members who've scored some styrene loot at these events, I've only seen designer keffiyehs and overpriced "vintage" Remington typewriters with missing hammers. :D

Apparently I didn’t get my notices. I would like to sell it all at once. I am busy and don’t have time to ship one at a time. 
I will check to see if the model car club is still in existence if it doesn’t sell here. 
They all fit in a large flat rate box, so shipping Is fairly low considering the weight. 

On 1/4/2020 at 1:26 PM, SfanGoch said:

I know for a fact that there is only one scale modelers club in NYC, The Brooklyn Plastic Modelers Society, and it's located in the middle of Downtown Nowhere. 

I had never even heard of it until just now!

You’d think there would be ONE model related thing to attend that’s actually somewhere easy to get to in the city.  I’m in Bensonhurst so I’m CLOSER, but it’s still 90 minutes from here using the MightTakeAwhile

3 hours ago, tbill said:

I know selling here isn’t permitted, but, what are you looking to get for the bunch? I know it isn’t cheap, but if a price is offered, maybe someone will PM you with an acceptable offer?

Someone offered $5 per can + shipping