Model Cars Magazine Forum

plymouth cuda

michelle

i am not sure which year this mpc cuda was it was a parts car i had  i used some revell  70 cuda parts to replace the few body parts missing like the hood the  rear spoiler the rear bumper and added  some chrome rocker panels i took from the revell 70 cuda parts car i had  the seats wheels  engine shifter  came from my parts box  
i painted the body in  rose gold  i had to repaint the front bumper it was a glue laden mess i tried to sand it away as best as i could but  it did not fully sand smooth 

IMG_6957.JPG

IMG_6959.JPG

IMG_6961.JPG

IMG_6962.JPG

IMG_6963.JPG

IMG_6964.JPG

IMG_6967.JPG

IMG_6968.JPG

Edited by michelle

Great save. That's an original annual body, you can tell by the way the headlights correctly mount inside the headlight buckets (the reissues had headlights that sat flat and looked kind of bug-eyed). That reminds me of a 1:1 Cuda I used to own- mine was silver, very similar. I kind of miss it. :(

5 minutes ago, CapSat 6 said:

Great save. That's an original annual body, you can tell by the way the headlights correctly mount inside the headlight buckets (the reissues had headlights that sat flat and looked kind of bug-eyed). That reminds me of a 1:1 Cuda I used to own- mine was silver, very similar. I kind of miss it. :(

thank you and cool i only knew  it was a mpc  due to the fundimensions   a couple parts  and cool  why did you have to get rid of your real one 

Just now, michelle said:

thank you and cool i only knew  it was a mpc  due to the fundimensions   a couple parts  and cool  why did you have to get rid of your real one 

Well...I got rid of it to try to trade up. I sold it to buy another car that I thought was in better shape...I wasn't very careful or patient about the new purchase...so that worked out worse than I wanted it to...but the 'Cuda I sold, while it ran great and was in excellent mechanical condition...needed a TON of bodywork.

If I'd have known that they were to appreciate in value so much, I maybe would have kept it, or bought the OTHER one I had a shot at (which seemed like a lot of money at the time, but now, would have been a steal). Oh well, hindsight is 20/20...

57 minutes ago, CapSat 6 said:

Well...I got rid of it to try to trade up. I sold it to buy another car that I thought was in better shape...I wasn't very careful or patient about the new purchase...so that worked out worse than I wanted it to...but the 'Cuda I sold, while it ran great and was in excellent mechanical condition...needed a TON of bodywork.

If I'd have known that they were to appreciate in value so much, I maybe would have kept it, or bought the OTHER one I had a shot at (which seemed like a lot of money at the time, but now, would have been a steal). Oh well, hindsight is 20/20...

wow 

1 hour ago, CapSat 6 said:

Same here.  I sold a '70 Challenger R/T for less than 2 grand in 1993. It was rusted up to the door handles but still ran.?

1 hour ago, Rbray47 said:

Nice build. 

As for the year, it looks like a 73 or 74. 

thank you and i was not sure it could also be a 72  since 72 was the first year with the corvette style tail lights  on the cuda 

Edited by michelle

1 hour ago, Steamboat said:

Same here.  I sold a '70 Challenger R/T for less than 2 grand in 1993. It was rusted up to the door handles but still ran.?

Man...the cars we could have had back then! Around that time, I was driving a $500 '67 Dodge Coronet!