Model Cars Magazine Forum

1978 Dodge Adventurer Quad Cab

Im calling this one done. After a 3 years collecting parts from all over the world. The last parts came in yesterday. This was 2 junk Little Red Trucks and a Warlock bed and various small bits from some very helpful members on here .  I really like this truck although I struggled to get everything to line up when it came to final fitting. The hardest parts to find was the rear lights mirrors and the tailgate which I found in one of my own parts boxes!

Anyway enough from me please enjoy and comments welcome

IMG_0634.JPG

IMG_0633.JPG

IMG_0635.JPG

IMG_0638.JPG

Very cool. Nicely done conversion. I have a similar project I hope to get to soon. It will be a ‘72 in two tone brown. I have contemplated the difficulties in getting a good smooth roof. Yours looks great. Did you have much trouble getting it right?

On 3/13/2020 at 3:09 AM, Bainford said:

Very cool. Nicely done conversion. I have a similar project I hope to get to soon. It will be a ‘72 in two tone brown. I have contemplated the difficulties in getting a good smooth roof. Yours looks great. Did you have much trouble getting it right?

Yeah it took quite a bit of work to get right. I did lay some thin plastic across the join between the cab's just to make up the curve of the rear roof then filled sanded then filled then sanded some more. But it was worth the effort to get it right. Then I added thin round rod for the rain gutter 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...