Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC '68 Impala convertible

ranma

36 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

HA, I was right up in the WDYGT thread!

Yes you were right, and I had to jump on it with a total cost of $51.00 ! It actually came with 3 engines the two chassis, 6 tires and two sets of axles/wheel back's. Snake the hood is in the picture, all that was missing was the wheel's and bumpers.  Those I had here (bumpers/wheel rims)....

1 hour ago, espo said:

That is a very hard to find kit. 

Yes I know, I needed a '68 Impala for my 30 years of Chevrolet 1950-1979. 1950-1957 are Bel air's ,1958-1973 are Impala's, 1974-1976 are Caprice's and 1977-1979 are Monte Carlo's. I found a resin caster that is casting a 1977 Caprice/Impala, and those could be changed for the 78/79 so I'm thinking of getting a few copies here in the near future...

36 minutes ago, ranma said:

Yes you were right, and I had to jump on it with a total cost of $51.00 ! It actually came with 3 engines the two chassis, 6 tires and two sets of axles/wheel back's. Snake the hood is in the picture, all that was missing was the wheel's and bumpers.  Those I had here (bumpers/wheel rims)....

Good for you! If I wanted one, and had the extra parts you had on hand, that's not a bad price. Drive on! B)

29 minutes ago, ranma said:

Yes I know, I needed a '68 Impala for my 30 years of Chevrolet 1950-1979. 1950-1957 are Bel air's ,1958-1973 are Impala's, 1974-1976 are Caprice's and 1977-1979 are Monte Carlo's. I found a resin caster that is casting a 1977 Caprice/Impala, and those could be changed for the 78/79 so I'm thinking of getting a few copies here in the near future...

Having had a '79 Caprice coupe I might be interested. I would appreciate seeing any Resin bodies you get and possibly getting one also.