Model Cars Magazine Forum

OK, here are my pictures from the IHobby Expo

Sorry for the delay, but I had a long day yesterday, including our club meeting/open house. Not a lot from Revell for early 2009. Expect more announcements for later 2009. Also, expect the 57 Chevy “Black Widow†after Christmas. No specific announcement dates were given to me.

2954681643_feb984049d_o.jpg

Round 2 (AMT/MPC, etc) was there showing off upcoming reissues. As previously mentioned, some reverse engineering for parts is going on. On the 62 Pontiac Catalina, they’re trying to get the rights to do an Arnie Beswick drag car. There would be new box art if they can make it happen.

2955547944_42d3f82344_o.jpg

The Charger police car and more truck kits are probably the most interesting to many of us. The police car sample looked really good and I got some close-ups of the interior. Also, check out the photos the flathead 4 and v8 models. Another entry from Lindberg is new Aqueous paints (no aerosols) that includes car colors as well as military. They’ve also had various airbrushes made to their specifications.

2954756715_d1f5c13b37_b.jpg

The big thing from MRC is that they have the license to bring in anything from Aoshima. That means the cars, wheel sets, etc. I know many of us order from Japan today. Supposedly, MRC is working with Aoshima to get LH dashboards on several of the cars. Sorry, but I wasn’t able to determine if it included newer cars like the Lexus IS350 and Harrier (Lexus RX 350).

2954812181_610249e522_o.jpg

Testor’s had their new paint colors there. Nothing much new with them. I mentioned about reducing the size of the metallics in the first issue and was told they’re looking into it. Time will time if that was a factual response.

2955657838_b02d92c9a9_o.jpg

Stevens International had a test shot of the Trumpeter 1/12 Ford GT/40 model at the show. No idea on when available or cost. And, Accurate Miniatures restated what they told me last year regarding new car models. It is not in the cards at this point in time.

2955649526_c0aa4da85a_o.jpg

Lots of interesting diecast models, including some pricey stuff like the 1/6 scale 57 Corvette Fuelie from Highway 61. And, there were a variety of HO scale models as well.

2954832021_cdbeeafc34_o.jpg

The make and take was packed as usual. When I was there, we didn’t have any bratty kids like we had last year. This year’s model from Revell was the C5 Corvette Coupe snap kit. The weak link this year was the side view mirrors. We were gluing a lot of them back on. Many kids would snap them when putting the side peel and stick decals on.

2955701700_051c2bf295_o.jpg

Finally, some interesting new tools. One is a magnifier attachment set that can be used on a variety of existing tools. I bought a set for $5 and will experiment with it. Second, is a set of tweezers integrated with a LED light that allows you to light up what you’re working. I bought a set for $20 show price and will experiment with those as well. Finally Excel tools had s small cutting disk that looks like it would well for cutting out larger decals (amongst other things). It will be available soon and the rep had only one available, so I couldn’t talk him out of it to try it out.

My IHOBBY Expo pictures

Edited by Exotics_Builder

Re: the first photo (Revell). Were the cars at the bottom of the poster (looks like Lola T-70's and a Fairlane) slot car releases and 1/32nd? (probably :D )

Unfortunately, Yes.

Also, I forgot to add that I’m giving permission so you can repost the pics or info on forums, club websites or newsletters. Just please provide an acknowledgement. Thx