Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello from Germany

Hi guys,

My name is Torsten, i am 51 years old and come from Germany. I registered in this forum because I am very interested in American Big Rigs of the 50s to the 80s and the quality of the models presented here is unique. At the same time, i hope to be able to get expert answers with one or the other question about these great trucks. Originally i'm a figure sculptor in scale 1/72, i created animal figures for diorama and architectural modeler (www.stenfalk.de). Unfortunately, due to painful problems with my hands, I'm currently forced to think a little "bigger", but I don't want to give up my 1/72 scale. That's why I'm now trying to build a small fleet of Peterbilt, Kenworth, Marmon etc. through conversions or scratches, because unfortunately the model building market does not offer a lot of building kits. It is not easy in Germany to get helpful material such as plans or dimensions - maybe i will find some support in my concern here.

Kind regards,

Torsten

Many thanks for the friendly welcome! I will endeavor to provide you with some photos of my current projects soon. I am currently working on three cabs, Marmon HDT AC/BC-86, Kenworth K100 and Mack Superliner. Because I'm considering giving some of these models in silicone molds and later making 2 or 3 resin casts, the work is slow. I have to work very well thought out to prepare replication as simply as possible. That means, I cannot complete a cabin in one piece, but have to manufacture individual assemblies.

• 2 weeks later...