Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1975 Fruehauf PB-80 Flatbed Trailer

I started this trailer back in mid-July, and finished it up yesterday.  I managed to get a few photos with a couple of my tractors before the skies opened up.  I'm not totally sure why i built it as I don't display trailers with my tractors.  Not enough room.  I guess I built it on a whim & to pose with my tractors so they're not "naked".  Read some where that a truck tractor without a trailer is like a man wearing a tuxedo without pants.  Not sure how I feel about that, but I did think it was funny!  Enjoy.

20200829_154920.thumb.jpg.2ee88b5feeadead7ced17afd71a26eda.jpg

20200829_155213.jpg.21d7e65532a5a06b1938840c2d07823a.jpg

20200829_155230.thumb.jpg.6f5b2c1c56ff4d0251eb572ff739e002.jpg

It's not perfect, but I like how it came out.  The Revell USA Peterbilt 359 was completed in 2007, and the AMT GMC Astro/95 was completed inn 2010.

Looks great, really sets the tractor units off a treat, you could just strap or rope a tarpaulin to the head board or chuck some chains and timber packers on the bed, or both, wouldn't be a big job, just an idea, but it looks fine as it is, nice work!!

• 1 month later...

Jim, trailer looks good. I hear what you're saying about the amount of "real estate" trying to display one takes. Here is a trick I did with one I have,I chained down another tractor on it as a back haul to the shop and... as a bonus, I was able to convince my wife that it was in fact "one model" lol