Model Cars Magazine Forum

Yes, it's a Palmer......'71 Corvette

realgone58

Just now, Bob Ellis said:

Never seen or heard of a the Palmer 1/25th Camaro ?

I have the '72 Challenger also..a good start for a 1972-74 Challenger. Looks like it was ripped off from MPC.

Palmer became Winneco and had a battle with the IRS over payroll taxes. 

Typo..I meant the Corvette.   The Challenger I plan to use a 340 from the AMT Duster and set of Rally wheels to make it relatively stock...painted it maybe 20 years ago, haven't finished.

6 hours ago, Bob Ellis said:

Most Palmer kits will Blow Your Mind, but not in the good way. The 1/25 kits worth finding are 1972 Dodge Challenger, 1970 Mustang(stay clear of the Palmer 1971 Mustang. It has a 71 front.71front end and a 70 rear. Pretty awful. I can say that as I have that kit 

The Mustang did give Chip Foose the idea to recreate it in a weird sort of way But with Camaro taillights. ? I wonder when he sketched the build he subconsciously thought that was a good idea.  I turned the Lindberg 71 Mustang (Old Palmer mold) into a Mad Max version because the Falcon had a very similar hood as the Mach1.  

25933E62-7992-4A8B-8C52-E56417B32499.png

Edited by vamach1

I bought this one because of the box art (as most Palmer kits had great artwork) but the kit inside leaves a lot to desire ! The box art looks like a 1970 Mustang , yet the body is that of maybe a mashup of a ‘71 Mustang mashed up with the back half of a ‘70 with the ‘71 twilight panel . And by the way there’s no way the exhaust could exit like the artwork , the steering box and frame rails are in the way . But it sure looks cool .

5303C5DC-7362-42C6-AD5F-990085C8399F.png

• 2 years later...

You did an outstanding job on that corvette, congratulations! I always wondered how this kit looked like, and a few others from Palmer. But pictures like this are a rare find!

Thank you :)

Edited by abysss