Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Kenworth Challenge Mixer reissue 2020

Champeen

I remember this one from when i was a kid,it was just when it came out,had to have one.However being 10 years old it was too much for me,i couldnt get the rear suspension together enough for it to stand on its wheels,it had the infamous torsion bar suspension.I have hated it ever since,hopefully it will have the standard walking beam rearend this time.It is unreal all the old kits that are coming back,back 15 years ago i had to fight it out on ebay to get any kits at all.Really glad to see them coming back. Harvey

17 hours ago, Force said:

The re-issue will have the walking beam, the torsion bar suspension is gone forever from the W925 kits as it was changed sometime after the first issue of the Challenge Mixer kit.

If people really want the torsion bar suspension, Auslowe stock it. Cheers

Ben

20 minutes ago, PintoKING said:

Plans for the original KW Challenge Mixer:

https://public.fotki.com/modeltrucks25thscale/truckkit_instructions/amt/t559_kenworth_chall/

By-the-way, one could spend WEEKS looking through that website; LOTSA stuff there.

IMHO the best place to go if you need information or instructions for model truck kits and I allways go there first, there's lots of other useful information on that place too.

On 12/4/2020 at 2:42 PM, Bennyg said:

If people really want the torsion bar suspension, Auslowe stock it. Cheers

Ben

4 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

I have that part's and it casted real good !!!

I have it and yes, it's nice as most of the Auslowe things, I also have an original AMT W925 kit with the torsion bars.
If you want to be picky the torsion bar suspension the original kit had wasn't really realistic for a concrete mixer truck as that suspension is for highway use, a concrete truck would have had a more beefy suspension like the walking beam either spring or rubber block, or maybe a six rod, so this reissue is more is more realistic with the walking beam.

Edited by Force

1 hour ago, Force said:

I have it and yes, it's nice as most of the Auslowe things, I also have an original AMT W925 kit with the torsion bars.
If you want to be picky the torsion bar suspension the original kit had wasn't really realistic for a concrete mixer truck as that suspension is for highway use, a concrete truck would have had a more beefy suspension like the walking beam either spring or rubber block, or maybe a six rod, so this reissue is more is more realistic with the walking beam.

You would be Correct !

Edited by Mr mopar

5 hours ago, leafsprings said:

Was there some type of pump on the front end of the KW? 

I have never had the model, and like others missed it on it's first go around, but will get one or two on this round................ yes there should be a "live hydraulic" pump on the front of the truck, usually mounted to a bracket that would extend the front bumper, it operates the drum and dis-charge chute......... so short answer is yes there is or should be... 

• 3 weeks later...