Model Cars Magazine Forum

Street Outlaws, Fastest in America

Cool, Scott! JJ has brought his traveling circus to a venue not far from me in the past. Next time he does, I'm there. 

Back to the show: (Will try not to give TOO much away.) 

Well, it's over. Happy to see who ended up at #1 but not necessarily proud of how he got there. Couple other people I can think of didn't seem all that pleased about it, either. 

Ryan Martin had one of the best runs of the series, rising seven places. I say "one of" because it turns out that Tricia also climbed seven places, from #15 to #8. Tricia was definitely the "Queen of the Street," the only woman in the Top Ten and the only woman who didn't go down the list. 

There will apparently be a Season 2. I wonder if they will pick up the List where it stands now, or do a shake-up and start from scratch?

The Callout Game got to be silly. They need to refine this in some way. 

They need to do something to keep the same races from happening over and over. There were several pairs who ended up having to race each other four or five times. Neither of them got to move up while this was going on, and no one got to go around them. 

I thoroughly enjoyed almost every single minute of the whole season. Get right, Street Outlaws! B)

15 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

There will apparently be a Season 2. I wonder if they will pick up the List where it stands now, or do a shake-up and start from scratch?

The Callout Game got to be silly. They need to refine this in some way. 

They need to do something to keep the same races from happening over and over. There were several pairs who ended up having to race each other four or five times. Neither of them got to move up while this was going on, and no one got to go around them. 

I thoroughly enjoyed almost every single minute of the whole season. Get right, Street Outlaws! B)

Season 2 is happening,  I asked Scott Taylor and he confirmed Season 2 is happening. 

The call out system and race dodging is my biggest complaint.  I'm sure they can come up with a better system for everyone. 

I agree with you about #1 he should have ran one more race but I think he was worried about that other car.

I definitely enjoyed the show! Now it's time for fastest in America.  

58 minutes ago, Scott8950 said:

I definitely enjoyed the show! Now it's time for fastest in America.  

They're going to do that again? With the various team vs team elimination action? Oh yah, that's cool too! 

Street Outlaws Memphis starts a new season in 2 weeks. I need to find SOMETHING to watch next Monday night! Monday night is street race night and stupid sharks just don't cut it! :angry:

I only started watching Street Outlaws around 2016 or 2017, so I've never seen the early seasons. I've watched everything worth watching on every streaming service available to me for free, and just discovered (no pun intended) that I can watch all seasons of SO on DiscoveryGo, and have started doing so. 

I'm already a few episodes into Season 2. Here's some cool things I've learned. 

I've come to dislike both Chuck and Doc over the last couple years, turns out my instincts are right on both of them. They are both "family men," supposedly, with wives and children, but both of them claim that they have missed multiple house payments to pour money into their race cars. That's low-class, dirtbag behavior in my book. 

I became a fan of Flip. Was sorry to see that he passed, much too soon. 

I'd seen Jackie Knox in a few episodes, but didn't realize that he'd been Daddy Dave's sugar daddy with the Sonoma. I think DD was already driving his 1G Nova when I came in. 

Ryan Martin doesn't show up until Season 2 Ep 1, where he is very briefly seen as one of the "road security" crew whose job is to alert the racers that the cops are coming. In Ep 2, he's seen as one of Freakin' Rican's crew, but his name hasn't been mentioned yet. 

Looking forward to learning more about all these jokers! :D

I didn't realize just how far behind we are until recently. Last night our episode was where the kid puts his car on it's roof. Felt bad for him, he loses his car and all for what? Trying to get past Lizzy.....again. To me the format just doesn't work. Either there's too many cars, not enough weeks and too hard to get past the driver ahead because of the repeated call outs. Nobody is going from the back half of the list to the top the way it is currently put together. Maybe the last place driver needs to drop off each week or switching to a ten car list at the half way point would work better.

Don't get me started on Chuck. Every week after a good pass he's in front of the camera telling us how he's going to march up that list like he's going to be one of the one's to beat. He's 19th!

43 minutes ago, imarriedawitch said:

Nobody is going from the back half of the list to the top the way it is currently put together.

Two drivers did, moving up 7 spots each. Won't ruin it for you by saying who but you probably have a good idea on at least one. B)

38 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Two drivers did, moving up 7 spots each. Won't ruin it for you by saying who but you probably have a good idea on at least one. B)

I'm guessing it took "team" work. That once beaten by a team mate you let them go rather than call them back out. The repeated call outs is mutual assured destruction. The competition is too close for someone to beat another a couple of times in a row to gain a spot.

Edited by imarriedawitch

I'm now up into Season 4 of the old shows, and loving every minute. I didn't think it was possible for me to dislike Doc more, but I was wrong. 

Murder Nova holds the #1 spot for something like three straight years. Doc manages to put one miraculous lucky streak together and climb to #1. He holds it for I think a week, loses it, and begins a sink to #5. And for the next two years, he's whining about "getting my #1 spot back." "MY #1 spot?" Dude, please. You lucked into it for a hot minute. :rolleyes:

And then he complains about everyone else being sore losers. He's the sorest loser I've ever seen in my life. Even worse, he's the most un-gracious winner I've ever seen. What a nozzle. 

Funny thing is, I really like his car. His Monte is one of the sharpest looking cars on the list. But I can't root for it as long as that snotbag is driving it. 

Becoming a real fan of Flip's/Kamikaze's ratty old El Camino, though. I might have to build a tribute model. :lol: