Model Cars Magazine Forum

Street Outlaws, Fastest in America

58 minutes ago, Scott8950 said:

it looks like Brian Davis and Cantu get into a fight next week. 

I wonder what that's about. They're several places apart--JJ and Ryan Martin are between them, just to name two. :unsure:

9 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

I wonder what that's about. They're several places apart--JJ and Ryan Martin are between them, just to name two. :unsure:

I think that must be later, or i wasn't paying attention. There's some shockers coming though......

11 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Not sure but I noticed Cantu and Johnny  Quick were having issues so I'm sure it's something to do with that but Cantu is right behind Chucky Davis on the list so who knows. We'll find out monday.

55 minutes ago, Scott8950 said:

Not sure but I noticed Cantu and Johnny  Quick were having issues so I'm sure it's something to do with that but Cantu is right behind Chucky Davis on the list so who knows. We'll find out monday.

What? Cantu's #10, and I believe Chucky is #6--certainly no lower than #7. Did I miss something? JJ's still at #9 with a callout on RM at #8, which should come up early next week. :unsure:

18 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

What? Cantu's #10, and I believe Chucky is #6--certainly no lower than #7. Did I miss something? JJ's still at #9 with a callout on RM at #8, which should come up early next week. :unsure:

You may be correct,  maybe Johhny quick calls him back out. But I know Cantu  has to be close to Chucky, that truck has been making fast passes in either  lane.

Edited by Scott8950

5 minutes ago, Scott8950 said:

that truck has been making fast passes in either  lane.

Yes it has. I don't recall him being beaten since this started. But last week he was talking about calling out JJ, but JJ already has a callout on RM. Chucky's still above both JJ and RM, which frankly surprises me. I thought he would fall out of the Top 10 fairly quickly. I was wrong. Then again, I didn't think Murder Nova would last so long near the top of the list, either. :blink:

8 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Yes it has. I don't recall him being beaten since this started. But last week he was talking about calling out JJ, but JJ already has a callout on RM. Chucky's still above both JJ and RM, which frankly surprises me. I thought he would fall out of the Top 10 fairly quickly. I was wrong. Then again, I didn't think Murder Nova would last so long near the top of the list, either. :blink:

Shawn has been doing a good job holding that #3 spot down, I did hear him tell Dave that he put nitrous back on the murder nova to spool his turbos and launch the car. Whatever he's done it's been working  well.

On 6/8/2021 at 9:20 PM, Scott8950 said:

from what the previews showed it looks like Brian Davis and Cantu get into a fight next week. 

WARNING FOR CANADIANS: POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW (nothing major):

Looks like that'll be next Monday, and now it makes sense since they're now adjacent on the list. Meanwhile, my dislike of Cantu continues to grow. 

Axman was clearly in the wrong last night. Chief didn't change the rules, Axman just seemed to get them mixed up in his head for some reason. It's beginning to look like those two will be fighting for #1 and #2 slots for the rest of the season--only 3 shows left. 

Looks like another wreck coming next week. Couldn't tell who, and after three re-watches, I think it might have been a certain blue Nova in the other lane, but I'm not at all sure.  If I'm right, that would pretty much pin down who crashes. 

20 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

WARNING FOR CANADIANS: POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW (nothing major):

Looks like that'll be next Monday, and now it makes sense since they're now adjacent on the list. Meanwhile, my dislike of Cantu continues to grow. 

Axman was clearly in the wrong last night. Chief didn't change the rules, Axman just seemed to get them mixed up in his head for some reason. It's beginning to look like those two will be fighting for #1 and #2 slots for the rest of the season--only 3 shows left. 

Looks like another wreck coming next week. Couldn't tell who, and after three re-watches, I think it might have been a certain blue Nova in the other lane, but I'm not at all sure.  If I'm right, that would pretty much pin down who crashes. 

I think I know who crashes but I'm not a 100% positive.  I agree axman was clearly in the wrong, he should have raced chief and bet some good money because he is killing them every week.  Heck at this point  idk if anyone will beat axman, that chevy ll is crazy fast. I'm not sure what the whole deal is but it clearly shows Cantu taking a cheap shot on Chucky Davis, very poor sportsmanship and if that is the case he should be removed from the list. We'll see next week 

On 6/15/2021 at 10:13 AM, Scott8950 said:

...it clearly shows Cantu taking a cheap shot on Chucky Davis, very poor sportsmanship and if that is the case he should be removed from the list. We'll see next week 

The DC site schedule preview says "when a racer hides from Jason Cantu long enough to spoil his plans, he takes revenge into his own hands." Since JJ has a callout on Cantu, this must mean that Cantu beats him again. 

50 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

The DC site schedule preview says "when a racer hides from Jason Cantu long enough to spoil his plans, he takes revenge into his own hands." Since JJ has a callout on Cantu, this must mean that Cantu beats him again. 

Exactly what I'm thinking 

Wow, looks like more and more people are learning how to play The Game. :lol:

I was right about the crash, but it looks like the crasher actually won, and with little if any car damage. :blink:

Cantu's bad sportsmanship exceeded even my expectations. Wow. He was acting like a little girl, and at one point I thought he might actually cry. Chief should have thrown him out. 

JJ and Trish both played The Game very well. B)

I think I'm gonna have to watch that whole episode again. 

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

I was right about the crash, but it looks like the crasher actually won, and with little if any car damage. :blink:

Cantu's bad sportsmanship exceeded even my expectations. Wow. He was acting like a little girl, and at one point I thought he might actually cry. Chief should have thrown him out. 

He did a heck of a job saving that car, that was some great driving. 

I agree about Cantu, Other than bragging rights no prizes or cash is awarded. He was willing to sacrifice integrity for bragging rights.  He should be ejected from the event at once. It's one thing to attack a man for no reason but to attack someone from behind is just plain cowardly...

1 hour ago, Scott8950 said:

He should be ejected from the event at once. It's one thing to attack a man for no reason but to attack someone from behind is just plain cowardly...

He deserves a place in the Street Race Hall of Shame right next to Larry Larson. :angry:

44 minutes ago, Scott8950 said:

I wonder if that's why Larson was not invited to America's List?

Dunno. He was invited to Mega Cash Days. But I'm wondering if Cantu will be invited back for next year's running of America's List (I'm HOPING there will be a next year)? 

Jerry Bird is coming across as a Major Whinebaby, too. 

Pretty much the exact opposite of JJ, who, win, lose, or break, takes it all in stride and just looks forward to the next race, whatever it is and whoever it's with. 

19 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Dunno. He was invited to Mega Cash Days. But I'm wondering if Cantu will be invited back for next year's running of America's List (I'm HOPING there will be a next year)? 

Jerry Bird is coming across as a Major Whinebaby, too. 

Pretty much the exact opposite of JJ, who, win, lose, or break, takes it all in stride and just looks forward to the next race, whatever it is and whoever it's with. 

I agree....... I don't think anyone has anything for Axman at this point, the only car I've seen make a pass as fast is Ryan Martin just not sure he can get there in time.

Last night, until the last few minutes, I thought I was watching a show called Let's Get Ryan to the Top. :lol:

At this point it seems pretty clear that either Axman, Kye, or Chief will end up as #1. Slight chance Ryan Martin could pull it off somehow. Gotta admit, he's made the most progress of anyone, moving from #11 to #4. No else else is even close in the number of slots jumped. 

Overall, I was pretty pleased with the outcomes of last night's races. Would love to see Tricia break into the Top 10 but not sure it can happen. 

7 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Last night, until the last few minutes, I thought I was watching a show called Let's Get Ryan to the Top. :lol:

At this point it seems pretty clear that either Axman, Kye, or Chief will end up as #1. Slight chance Ryan Martin could pull it off somehow. Gotta admit, he's made the most progress of anyone, moving from #11 to #4. No else else is even close in the number of slots jumped. 

Overall, I was pretty pleased with the outcomes of last night's races. Would love to see Tricia break into the Top 10 but not sure it can happen. 

Axman did exactly what he accused chief of and he knew he was doing it, Cantu is guilty of doing the same thing he fought Brian Davis for. Ryan Martin has definitely climbed more spots than anyone else unfortunately I'm not sure he can get to #1.. Top 10 for Tricia is gonna be tough for sure.

10 hours ago, Scott8950 said:

Axman did exactly what he accused chief of and he knew he was doing it

Yes, and he didn't want to do it and at first refused to do it. He only called Kye out after Kye assured him that it was according to the rules, it was his perfect right, and the 3 and 4 slots were locked up with a callout and he (Axman) couldn't be called out anyway. 

Did Tricia call out Cantu and Chief accepted it for him in absentia, since he'd evidently fled the premises? That's the way I interpreted it. :unsure:

Edited by Snake45

9 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Yes, and he didn't want to do it and at first refused to do it. He only called Kye out after Kye assured him that it was according to the rules, it was his perfect right, and the 3 and 4 slots were locked up with a callout and he (Kye) couldn't be called out anyway. 

Did Tricia call out Cantu and Chief accepted it for him in absentia, since he'd evidently fled the premises? That's the way I interpreted it. :unsure:

I believe you are correct, I think chief accepted for him.

3 hours ago, Scott8950 said:

I believe you are correct, I think chief accepted for him.

I went back and looked at next week's previews. Clearly (if only momentarily) shows JJ and Tricia lined up to race. WTF? They're two places apart now, with Chucky and Cantu between them. So either JJ loses two spots or Trish picks up two? (Or I guess JJ could lose one and Tricia gain one.) With no "return" callouts from/on either? Hard to imagine the scenario. :wacko: Maybe the two of them just race for fun and the amusement of everyone else at the end. :unsure:

4 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I went back and looked at next week's previews. Clearly (if only momentarily) shows JJ and Tricia lined up to race. WTF? They're two places apart now, with Chucky and Cantu between them. So either JJ loses two spots or Trish picks up two? (Or I guess JJ could lose one and Tricia gain one.) With no "return" callouts from/on either? Hard to imagine the scenario. :wacko: Maybe the two of them just race for fun and the amusement of everyone else at the end. :unsure:

I saw that clip and wondered about that myself. Most likely JJ would have to lose to Chucky and Tricia would have to beat Cantu and it's  doubtful that happens without a return callout on atleast one of them.

Edited by Scott8950

Snake I got to meet Scott Taylor and Bobby Ducote this past Saturday. They were here at my hometown track racing. They seem to be very nice guys who will actually take the time to talk and show their cars. Scott Taylor  has a new camaro being built. 

Here is a video (not mine) you will have to skip towards the end to see them race.