Model Cars Magazine Forum

Street Outlaws, Fastest in America

Another exciting episode last night, with a couple of jaw-dropping upsets. 

Tricia got caught sleeping. :(

Once again, JJ seems to enjoy the wins of any team member at least as much as his own--maybe even more. Also, could he be the best "road reader" in America? 

If I heard right, Axman is now calling his new car Kingslayer (a la Jamie Lannister of Game of Thrones),  Having taken out three of the very biggest names in the sport, I think the name has been earned! B)

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

Another exciting episode last night, with a couple of jaw-dropping upsets. 

Tricia got caught sleeping. :(

Once again, JJ seems to enjoy the wins of any team member at least as much as his own--maybe even more. Also, could he be the best "road reader" in America? 

If I heard right, Axman is now calling his new car Kingslayer (a la Jamie Lannister of Game of Thrones),  Having taken out three of the very biggest names in the sport, I think the name has been earned! B)

Cantu had that s10 on kill lastnight!! If it runs like that next week he will be a contender for sure.

14 minutes ago, stitchdup said:

Are you guys a week behind? I've just watched the final but I wont give any spoilers

Thanks, please don't. I could prolly go on the net and find out but I want to wait and see it next monday. 

I understand "next week's" episode is now available on Discovery+ but I refuse to pay for it. 

42 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Thanks, please don't. I could prolly go on the net and find out but I want to wait and see it next monday. 

I understand "next week's" episode is now available on Discovery+ but I refuse to pay for it. 

Agreed I'll wait and watch...

Who do you got to win it all? My picks are Cantu in the s10 or the kid in the sbc powered mustang. I think the fastest 2 left are Robin Roberts and Axeman but i think they will struggle on a new road.. We will see next week..

25 minutes ago, Scott8950 said:

Agreed I'll wait and watch...

Who do you got to win it all? My picks are Cantu in the s10 or the kid in the sbc powered mustang. I think the fastest 2 left are Robin Roberts and Axeman but i think they will struggle on a new road.. We will see next week..

With many of the frontrunners (IMHO) now eliminated, it could be anybody's race at this point. I'll be rooting for Axman and Dennis Bailey, both of whom have impressed me very much. (So has the kid in the '68 Mustang. He came outta nowhere!) 

8 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

With many of the frontrunners (IMHO) now eliminated, it could be anybody's race at this point. I'll be rooting for Axman and Dennis Bailey, both of whom have impressed me very much. (So has the kid in the '68 Mustang. He came outta nowhere!) 

It's definitely gonna be tough..

• 2 weeks later...

Well THAT didn't turn out like I'd hoped! It might have been different if Axman hadn't decided to take a couple naps. Still, I was impressed with his performance and hopes he stays with MSO. 

Dennis Bailey did pretty well considering his engine had 216 passes on it (and probably running on 7 the last couple passes). 

Back in the 405, it looks like no matter how you shake 'em up, the same cream always rises to the top: Ryan Martin, Daddy Dave, and Chief. Everyone else is just along for the ride. 

I see next week they start a new series on America's List of 20, featuring the top contenders from OKC, NOLA, Texas, and Memphis. THAT should be interesting! 

28 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Well THAT didn't turn out like I'd hoped! It might have been different if Axman hadn't decided to take a couple naps. Still, I was impressed with his performance and hopes he stays with MSO. 

Dennis Bailey did pretty well considering his engine had 216 passes on it (and probably running on 7 the last couple passes). 

Back in the 405, it looks like no matter how you shake 'em up, the same cream always rises to the top: Ryan Martin, Daddy Dave, and Chief. Everyone else is just along for the ride. 

I see next week they start a new series on America's List of 20, featuring the top contenders from OKC, NOLA, Texas, and Memphis. THAT should be interesting! 

I was happy to see dominator running good.

So the 405's America's List five are set. 

And America's List is on! Intro/preview last night and the action starts next week. Looks like a true Who's Who of America's baddest-ass street racers, and I was pleased to see the new kid from Cali, Brandon, on the list. He earned his place there. 

Glad to see Precious will be representing for Memphis. She belongs there. Surprised that Dennis Bailey's not, after he did so well in Mega Cash Days. Maybe he couldn't take a bunch more time off work, or something. 

From the previews, it looks like the action will be wild! I notice in the rundowns, they had JJ listed for Zip Tie and Tricia for Hummingbird, when I would expected it the other way around. Also looks like maybe Zip Tie blows up an engine on the line--and in the previews of the season, I saw Heifer, which wasn't in the rundown, so it looks like somebody had to substitute Heifer in and then start back down in the #20 slot (according to the new rules). 

Birdman seems to be running Boosted's Mustang if I saw correctly. 

Looks like it will be a VERY INTERESTING next 12 weeks! B)

3 hours ago, Snake45 said:

So the 405's America's List five are set. 

And America's List is on! Intro/preview last night and the action starts next week. Looks like a true Who's Who of America's baddest-ass street racers, and I was pleased to see the new kid from Cali, Brandon, on the list. He earned his place there. 

Glad to see Precious will be representing for Memphis. She belongs there. Surprised that Dennis Bailey's not, after he did so well in Mega Cash Days. Maybe he couldn't take a bunch more time off work, or something. 

From the previews, it looks like the action will be wild! I notice in the rundowns, they had JJ listed for Zip Tie and Tricia for Hummingbird, when I would expected it the other way around. Also looks like maybe Zip Tie blows up an engine on the line--and in the previews of the season, I saw Heifer, which wasn't in the rundown, so it looks like somebody had to substitute Heifer in and then start back down in the #20 slot (according to the new rules). 

Birdman seems to be running Boosted's Mustang if I saw correctly. 

Looks like it will be a VERY INTERESTING next 12 weeks! B)

Before Americas list started i remember chief telling the okc guys that too many people were dodging races then i saw chief tell all the people on Americas list it was ok to dodge races. Im not sure i will watch this show. I watch the show to see car racing not people running and dodging races. Hopefully they can figure out something that works and keep the show interesting, im ok with some trash talk but im mainly intrested in the racing.

Snake here is Birdmans new car, same setup as previous car a Hemi with single turbo.

ready-for-takeoff-birdman-talks-about-comeback-and-his-new-camaro-2021-01-18_06-10-27_191962.jpg

ready-for-takeoff-birdman-talks-about-comeback-and-his-new-camaro-2021-01-18_06-10-15_710514-1.jpg

Edited by Scott8950

America's List got off to a great start last night! B)

The whole interaction between JJ and Ryan Martin was fascinating and fun to watch. JJ's now 2-0 against him. I'm sure they'll meet again. 

JJ also showed a lot of class letting Scott Taylor have a disputed win. I'm sure his good karma will pay off for him down the road. 

I am REALLY looking forward to 11 more weeks of this! B)

29 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

America's List got off to a great start last night! B)

The whole interaction between JJ and Ryan Martin was fascinating and fun to watch. JJ's now 2-0 against him. I'm sure they'll meet again. 

JJ also showed a lot of class letting Scott Taylor have a disputed win. I'm sure his good karma will pay off for him down the road. 

I am REALLY looking forward to 11 more weeks of this! B)

Until the race dodging starts then I'm afraid it won't be nearly as good. JJ is a good guy for sure and his 2 and 0 against  Ryan  is something JJ can be proud  of because  not many can say that.  Ryan has been mid 3's in the 1/8 mile and actually set the track record  at my local track then came back a year later and broke his own record.  

• 4 weeks later...

I am REALLY enjoying this show! 

The race between JJ and Daddy Dave was one of the prettiest things I've seen in a long time. 

Fun to see Tricia spank Lizzie Musi's shapely butt handily twice in a row, especially in light of the probably $ value investment of the two cars. Lizzie was NOT at all happy about her second loss to Tricia, and even unhappier about her next loss, too. I thought she was gonna go full-tantrum on the spot. 

Also fun to see Axman take the top slot from Kye Kelly. I don't think he can hold on to it, but for at least this one moment, Memphis is on top! 

Predictions: Ryan Martin will continue to climb and finish in the Top 3. Chuck doesn't even seem to have a chance to climb out of the bottom 10 at this point. I don't think Precious does, either. I wonder if JJ swaps Kaiser Blade out for Heifer and starts her over at #20? (Remember, we did see a brief view of Heifer in the first preview show, so we know it shows up with somebody sooner or later.) I'm just not seeing Chucky (Detroit) finishing in the top half of the Top 10. He really hasn't done all that well in many/any of these multi-car meets. I don't see Murder Nova staying near the top, either. 

I've noticed JJ handles himself in a very humble manner. He knows how to play the games as wee've seen but when it comes to being challenged he sits on the start and waits for them. In a lot of ways him and Ryan Marting are pretty similar how they handle themselves. It's been pretty good too seeing how much respect there is between the racers instead of drama and I hope it continues in the same way, its kinda refreshing

Another great race night last night! 

JJ is now 3-0 against Ryan Martin. Oh tell me he's not in Ryan's head now! :lol:

"Chase is a race" kinda turns every race into a poker game. Or, perhaps more accurately, a game of Rock-Scissors-Paper: 

*Sit beats Jump

*Jump beats Fair Start (or at least is a big advantage)

*Fair Start beats Sit

Loved the race between Axman and Kye Kelly. I've seen Axman get caught sleeping at the light a couple times, but not this week. What a leave!

Also like watching Big Chief eat Kye's lunch. Chief seems to be on a roll. 

Tricia seems to be on the way up. Poor Precious doesn't seem to be able to get it together in Kaiser Roll. Beginning to think JJ will pull that car and put her in Heifer. 

Daddy Dave seems to be having problems. Don't think he'll be a contender at the top. Ryan seems to be on a steady march to the top, but at some point he'll have to go through JJ to get there. 

I'm not seeing Chucky or Johnny Quick staying in the top part of the Top 10. Also not seeing Birdman or Chuck getting into the Top 10 at this point--they just don't have the time. 

7 hours ago, Bills72sj said:

I cancelled my cable in January. Thanks for all the updates. Maybe I'll get to see reruns if I ever subscribe to a streaming service that carries them.

You can watch the whole current season to date either on your PC or laptop at Discovery.com, or you can download the free Discovery ap on a mobile device. The episodes have commercials but that's not a dealbreaker for FREE. 

20 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Another great race night last night! 

JJ is now 3-0 against Ryan Martin. Oh tell me he's not in Ryan's head now! :lol:

"Chase is a race" kinda turns every race into a poker game. Or, perhaps more accurately, a game of Rock-Scissors-Paper: 

*Sit beats Jump

*Jump beats Fair Start (or at least is a big advantage)

*Fair Start beats Sit

Loved the race between Axman and Kye Kelly. I've seen Axman get caught sleeping at the light a couple times, but not this week. What a leave!

Also like watching Big Chief eat Kye's lunch. Chief seems to be on a roll. 

Tricia seems to be on the way up. Poor Precious doesn't seem to be able to get it together in Kaiser Roll. Beginning to think JJ will pull that car and put her in Heifer. 

Daddy Dave seems to be having problems. Don't think he'll be a contender at the top. Ryan seems to be on a steady march to the top, but at some point he'll have to go through JJ to get there. 

I'm not seeing Chucky or Johnny Quick staying in the top part of the Top 10. Also not seeing Birdman or Chuck getting into the Top 10 at this point--they just don't have the time. 

I think Ryan will get by JJ once he adapts to chase is a race.. I'd really like to see them come up with a better way to do call outs, I really hate all the games..Precious  unfortunately is headed to the bottom that old Malibu just isn't fast enough for the top half of the list.

Its was disappointing to see Chelsea pushing on Brandon James's car door it looked like his lexan window was about to break. 

Tricia and Cantu will be a good race can't wait to see it..

Axman isn't going anywhere soon, that car is absolutely flying down either lane.. 

Edited by Scott8950