Model Cars Magazine Forum

1957 Ford Fairlane 500

doorsovdoon

33 minutes ago, the goon said:

Looks great. My best friends parents bought one new: it was yellow/white. I rode in it many, many times. Believe they put over 200,00 miles on it when it died about 1970.

Mark

Thanks, Mark. That's high millage. They must have lovingly maintained it to reach that number.

I have to laugh when you exclaim that it took you two weeks! I've got cars I haven't sorted after six years!

This is a joy to behold mate, absolutely gorgeous! Well done on sticking with the build despite the disappointments., you'd never know to look at the finished car. 

On 12/20/2020 at 9:14 PM, the goon said:

They had four sons, 3 of them drove the heck out of it till they got their own car.

Mark

Fords are pretty tough, it's the rust that gets them in the end.

On 12/20/2020 at 10:42 PM, Rockford said:

I have to laugh when you exclaim that it took you two weeks! I've got cars I haven't sorted after six years!

This is a joy to behold mate, absolutely gorgeous! Well done on sticking with the build despite the disappointments., you'd never know to look at the finished car. 

Thanks, Stephen. Hey, you can't rush these things, perfection is a cruel mistress! Lol

12 minutes ago, slusher said:

Absolutely gorgeous Ford Gareth!

Cheers, mate. It had it's issues but was an enjoyable build.