Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pumpkin truck

I am building a 1950 chevy pickup that i want to put in a diarama.  The plan was to make it a farm truck on a pumpkin patch with some pumkins in the back of the truck. 

What i am looking for is decals for a farm truck. Something that says some kind of name and then farms on it. I looked through all my stash and i cant find anything.

Does anyone know of a kit that has a decal with farms on it?

Gofer Racing Decals offers a wide verity of automotive based decals including a couple of sheets for fictitious businesses. Most hobby shops should either have them or can get them for you. There are several online model retailers that may have them also. I have used their other decals for license plates and pin striping and they seem to be of good quality.  

32 minutes ago, RichCostello said:

The Revell 41 Chevy pickup has some. They are plain white letters, and say PLEASANT ACRES FARM. There's one for each door, and one for the tailgate.

Send me a PM if you want them, I don't think I'll ever use them.

i really appreciate the offer. unfortunately the truck is going to be painted white. I might have to print something myself.

I dont see one from gofer racing that i could find on ebay or a couple of online shops.

the one from  the 66 chevy is probably the closest, but i think i would prefer one to have some kind of cheesy logo on it too. I will keep looking before i print something.  Thank you

Edited by youpey

2 hours ago, tbill said:

The revell decals aren’t too bad really

665D11CB-0212-4EBC-A615-FB73B9B5337D.jpeg

FB10DEEE-8B44-44D3-A9A7-EE8E4067561E.jpeg

Is thst from the revell 66 chevy pickup?  That would be perfect. It has a logo and isnt white.

Is the right model

https://www.amazon.com/Revell-Chevy-Fleetside-Pickup-Model/dp/B01BLBHU8G/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=revell+66+chevy+fleetside+pickup+model+kit&qid=1610123445&sprefix=revell+66+ch&sr=8-1

Edited by youpey

2 minutes ago, tbill said:

Yup, that’s the kit

thank you so much and to everyone here also. it will be so much easier to use these over designing and printing my own.  I am going to order this up right away.

by the way, where did you get the apples and pumpkin and other stuff in the back of the truck? Did you make that from scratch.  After seeing that i was thinking of adding an old broken down fruit stand

50 minutes ago, youpey said:

thank you so much and to everyone here also. it will be so much easier to use these over designing and printing my own.  I am going to order this up right away.

by the way, where did you get the apples and pumpkin and other stuff in the back of the truck? Did you make that from scratch.  After seeing that i was thinking of adding an old broken down fruit stand

All the ‘fruit’ in the back are craft beads, my wife picked up the pumpkin at one of the craft stores. I made the fruit rack and crate that’s in the back of the truck .