Model Cars Magazine Forum

So I saw this pic online and sorta fell in love a little. And I've had this van on the shelf for a while but never really been happy with it, and since my drag bug needs a tow vehicle..... well I'm sure you can guess the rest

7dbb80278fdb93cf771fc1b6fb82f3ef.jpg.f0f3c65bafdf4733fc317b9b0ba445dd.jpg

The van already has all the running gear from an audi r8 in it but could never be seen due to the tint revell put on the glass so a pick up seems like the way forward. I'll be building it without the wide arches and with more of a modern look. Heres how it sat before i pulled it apart.DSC04561.JPG.bc8bad5c115198aedfc2e3b0da786290.JPGDSC04560.JPG.fbaa2f0ad5cf20695a299a3386f7f291.JPG

On 2/4/2021 at 3:46 AM, stitchdup said:

So I saw this pic online and sorta fell in love a little. 

7dbb80278fdb93cf771fc1b6fb82f3ef.jpg.f0f3c65bafdf4733fc317b9b0ba445dd.jpg

I'll be building it without the wide arches and with more of a modern look. 

I know what you mean about falling in love with a cool pic. I've been particularly motivated by real cars with a unique look of late. This is something I'd build. I've gotta disagree with not opening the wheel arches. The arches really add to giving this truck a tough look.

3 hours ago, Jantrix said:

I know what you mean about falling in love with a cool pic. I've been particularly motivated by real cars with a unique look of late. This is something I'd build. I've gotta disagree with not opening the wheel arches. The arches really add to giving this truck a tough look.

My reason for not opening the arches is I have a particular stockish stripe job in mind and it wont work with the raised arches.

33 minutes ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Interesting concept, it has the look of a Dodge Deora.

A shame to hear about the original bodyshell issue. I've kept some in it for days or even weeks and not had a problem.

strangely, there was a lexus in for the same time and it seems ok.

Well after the original body crunbling because i forgot it in brake fluid I started over with the body from the camper version. I also chopped a porsche 959 chassis around to fit the audi v10. I have swapped the audi gearbox for one from a jag xj220 as ir was better detailed and moved then engine forward a little. I've also used the jag suspension at the rear grafted to porsche chassis.Ive made 2 intercoolers to fit in the rear of the cab but still need to find a rad to fit between them.

DSC06414.JPG

DSC06415.JPG

DSC06417.JPG

DSC06418.JPG

DSC06419.JPG

DSC06420.JPG

Edited by stitchdup