Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 Impala SS

Olle F

Ok, it has been a long time in the making, but here it is:

65impaladone1ts4.th.jpg65impaladone2hm0.th.jpg65impaladone3jb1.th.jpg65impaladone4gm5.th.jpg65impaladone5uh2.th.jpg65impaladone6zf8.th.jpg

Have been struggling with different other projects (work out of state, new kitchen, A/C installaton, misc. gun projects etc.) but I finally got it done. Here is the build thread: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5585

BTW #1: I found a neat way to make the rear view mirrors look better. I was digging around in my PE-collection and found some rings that fit perfectly on the mirrors, so I simply glued them on with some Crystal Clear. This was an easy detail to add, and made the mirrors look way more realistic than just a flat surface, IMO.

BTW #2: Sorry for the lousy pictures. Still have to learn how to use this new camera... :)

Edited by Olle F

Incredible build and detailing! That really came out beautiful. Your subtle reworking of the rear window trim looks a lot better. The engine shots also look like the real thing. This sure brings back memories of my first car. Great job!

Edited by randbugeye

Thanks for the kind comments, guys! I sure appreciate it, especially since this is the only build I have been able to finish this year. Look out for the next one around 2010-2011 or so. :)

Hej Olle.

I'm happy to see you finished the Impala, and it looks great, my friend! I've said it before, the seats are my favorite part of this build. Looks like really old expensive heavy English armchairs..... :)

Hej Hasse! The "leather" finish was actually kind of a mistake. I was going for a vinyl look, but picked a pastel powder that turned out to be much darker than I intended. I was going to wipe it off and try again, but then I thought: "Hey, a free upgrade to leather ain't that bad!" so I left it like that. In hindsight, I'm glad that I did.

• 3 weeks later...