Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mystery Parts

Several years ago, I purchased, or traded for, an AMT White-Western Star kit; and this was in the box as a "bonus":

20210502_111655.thumb.jpg.0b448ca0836bfb8869c7dc6f4da074bc.jpg

It even says so on the plastic wrap.  The tree is labeled 029-5539.  Does anyone have any idea what kit this might have come from?  Looks like dragster parts to me.

Maybe.  I really have no idea.  Searching for "Revell kit 029-5539" brings up just about every imaginable type of kit from the USS Constitution, to aircraft, & Star Trek.

Edited by Jim B

Come on guys, why would Revell parts be in an AMT kit? 🤨

They're from the Ramchargers dragster. Some others used the same parts, IIRC. 

PIC from the bottom of the Ramchargers box,,

image.png.4e6e06f82dc957d3f66d55e2243dd504.png

Edited by Can-Con

Well, that solves that mystery!  I even searched "AMT kit 029-5539", but this didn't come up.  Didn't think about MPC.  Actually got the parts from a modeler in Canada back in 2018, but there was no return address on the box with the White-Wester Star in it.  Post mark was Ottawa.

The Milner kit had a few different parts on that tree, including a set of Moroso valve covers that don't really look right.  MPC tooled a few parts to try to fake up a small-block Chevy out of the Hemi that is in those kits.

3 hours ago, Mark said:

The Milner kit had a few different parts on that tree, including a set of Moroso valve covers that don't really look right.  MPC tooled a few parts to try to fake up a small-block Chevy out of the Hemi that is in those kits.

Right you are, Mark. I forgot about the Moroso valve covers. And yes, it made for a funny looking SBC. I ended up shaving the letters off mine and using them to make a Moroso air cleaner lid... or at least, tried to.