Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kenworth Aerodyne Coe (Revell AG)

This is the very first (1982) issue of the then new Revell kit: built in 1983 - the cab was brush-painted with cream/ivory from Humbrol, the black frame is still unpainted (the truckwas molded in a medium grey like the box art). Opening doors are a kit feature of this one. I don't remember any issues, that could be different today, as the model has been reissued several times and meanwhile the molds are almost 40 years old.

Here is what the box looked like (Picture from the internet): 

Revell AG Kenworth Aerodyne (1982).jpg

P1000614.JPG

P1000612.JPG

P1000616.JPG

P1000611.JPG

11 hours ago, Jim B said:

That looks really nice.  Very well done.

Thanks, Jim !

3 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

I never would have believed that this truck was painted with a brush if you hadn’t said so. This thing looks great! Excellent work!

Thanks, Brian - this was done before I switched over to spray-cans.

13 hours ago, doorsovdoon said:

Stunning KW, very clean build. The decals really go nice with that colour, very nice.

Thank you, Gareth - this kit was great to build back then (after a bunch of amt's) - the decals snug down very well without wrinkles (No setting solution here!), but they showed some yellowing directly out of the box - and the kit was brand new at the time (!) - you can see this between the seperate color stripes....

56 minutes ago, 1959scudetto said:

Thank you, Gareth - this kit was great to build back then (after a bunch of amt's) - the decals snug down very well without wrinkles (No setting solution here!), but they showed some yellowing directly out of the box - and the kit was brand new at the time (!) - you can see this between the seperate color stripes....

ah, right. At least they went on nicely, that's good. I've built the AMT version of this and it was surprisingly easy, though it was from 1987 so the moulds were still relatively new I guess. Your decals sound as good as the ones on my 1987 Kenworth, they laid down like paint, and they were 34 year old decals!

18 hours ago, signguy2108 said:

Nice looking truck, the color combination goes good together, and again hard to tell it was brush painted.

Thank you - on some parts of the cab (especially in the back) you can see - at least on the real model, maybe not in the pics -  that I just brushed directly over the medium grey plastic without any primer.

I thing we all remember this model... I know I was about 16 years old when I first saw this one on the top shelf at Target...(believe it or not, they used to sell models)

You've done an excellent job on this one... Very nice work, brush painting, and all... That must be some really good paint... It looks great....

44 minutes ago, kilrathy10 said:

I thing we all remember this model... I know I was about 16 years old when I first saw this one on the top shelf at Target...(believe it or not, they used to sell models)

You've done an excellent job on this one... Very nice work, brush painting, and all... That must be some really good paint... It looks great....

Thanks, JT - I used mainly Humbrol paints back then, but as they are hardly available here today, the majority of my paints are Revell.