Model Cars Magazine Forum

Resurrected Glueball - 1/8 Iroc Camaro - Monogram

tobaccoleafpie

Years ago, I received an ’85 Monogram 1/8 Camaro and it was a glueball paint disaster.  He did not sand out the casting lines.  The car was painted in a silver enamel followed with a pearl coat and then a gloss coat, not that you’d notice.  The paint was sloppy and sagging.  Plus Monogram had a knack for making warped hoods.  However, I do like his engine work and the treatment of the underbody.  After sitting for years in the garage collecting dust, I thought I’d give it a makeover with a black and white theme.  I wish I had before pics but I didn’t think to do it.

Glueball1.jpeg

Glueball2.jpeg

Glueball3.jpeg

Glueball4.jpeg

Glueball5.jpeg

Glueball6.jpeg

Very nice! Despite what it may have looked like before, it sure looks great now!! I loved those old 1/8 scale kits (still do), but they're so doggone big. Back in the mid-late 80's, my brother and I had about 5 of them between us, but we didn't have a place to put them and they wouldn't fit back in the box when completed, so only one ever got built, lol.

my 

On 5/21/2021 at 4:51 PM, kelson said:

Looks good!,i've got a couple of these,but they're so big i have nowhere to put them!.

Yes, they’re tribbles.  I’ve got 3 completed and 3 nearing completion.  1982 Corvette Special Edition, 1963 Jaguar, and 1985 Corvette.  

Man, I miss these... Great job on it... I'd love to have the two that I used to have back... Not only were they huge, but they were very nice builds... I built one when I was a kid, and I really wish I still had it... I'm really liking yours...

3 hours ago, kilrathy10 said:

Man, I miss these... Great job on it... I'd love to have the two that I used to have back... Not only were they huge, but they were very nice builds... I built one when I was a kid, and I really wish I still had it... I'm really liking yours...

Thanks!