Model Cars Magazine Forum

3D Printing .stl files

My wife surprised me with an Anycubic Photon Mono resin printer for Fathers Day and I've been perusing the most popular sites for model car .stl files but I've found almost nothing. And when I do it's very slanted towards the import car enthusiast.

Does anyone know of a site site that might have more of a selection? I'd like both free and pay-for sites. Once I get good with this thing, I'm happy to pay for good files.

BTW, whatever I print will be for personal use only. I've no interest in selling parts, I've little enough to time to devote to the hobby as it is.

I'm interested in hot rod and muscle/sports cars.

First off, there are few 3d printable files in the categories you want. Grabcad might have something you want. 3d files need to be manifold i.e no holes, reversed triangles or other irregularities. That's why you need to learn a Cad software. I was on a site today that allowed downloading of many Hum3 files. While there, I found these 2 hot rods. They come apart so that you can pull off a part and print it. They would give you experience with Cad and printing. If you would like these files' message me.

Selection_290.png.51f8751fc9b07682ff744bd0a83f0e86.pngSelection_291.png.ffec7770e34c303b437df67b017e5af0.pngSelection_288.png.81752fcc4fa5081cd0ee1559121adca7.pngSelection_289.png.235b366e46ab9c3052a222945f736312.png

• 2 months later...
On 7/8/2021 at 10:12 AM, Jantrix said:

My wife surprised me with an Anycubic Photon Mono resin printer for Fathers Day and I've been perusing the most popular sites for model car .stl files but I've found almost nothing. And when I do it's very slanted towards the import car enthusiast.

Does anyone know of a site site that might have more of a selection? I'd like both free and pay-for sites. Once I get good with this thing, I'm happy to pay for good files.

BTW, whatever I print will be for personal use only. I've no interest in selling parts, I've little enough to time to devote to the hobby as it is.

I'm interested in hot rod and muscle/sports cars.

Kasey (Slowlysmodels) has a few that you may be interested in. Check it out: https://cults3d.com/en/search?q=slowlysmodels