Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 Plymouth Cuda Hemi 426

bluestringer

Got the body painted. Used a lime green craft paint from Hobby Lobby. Fist time using my airbrush on a body, noticed after my first attempt it was starting to run bad, had to quickly wash it off and start over. Keep messing with the mix and finally got it looking fairly good. Have not cleared it yet, plan on using Rustoleum 2X clear. 

IMGP4023.jpg

IMGP4025.jpg

1 hour ago, Beans said:

Looks great!!  Loving the green.

Thanks. It's a slow go getting it finished. My work shed has no AC, and it's hot here in South Georgia, heat indexes 100 and above with high humidity. I can only stay in there for a little while in the early mornings. 

3 hours ago, bluestringer said:

Thanks. It's a slow go getting it finished. My work shed has no AC, and it's hot here in South Georgia, heat indexes 100 and above with high humidity. I can only stay in there for a little while in the early mornings. 

I'm in northern Mississippi so I know what you mean.  I have several bodies waiting for just the right day to paint.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ceaser_Salad said:

Nice job on the decal and paint work.

I am about to start this kit myself, are the decals a pain to do? Do you use solvent/softener?

Thanks. Nothing used but water. One of them gave me some problems, it wanted to wrinkle up. I kept working with it with a damp sponge and got it straightened out. You have to get them lined up just right because of the hole for the door handle. There was no hole for the rear marker light, had to cut that out after they dried.