Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/35 | URAL 4320| Zvezda

Hello guys,

this is actually a military truck from Zvezda and after seeing some civil versions, I decided to make a civil version with some barrels and lumber on it. Thank you for all comments and critics...

regards,

salih

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by airea
Image Upload
  • Like 1

Great job on this beast!  Especially the subtle weathering and details like the water bottle in the door pocket. Civilianized Russian vehicles were a pretty common site when I worked in Egypt.  I often saw an old GAZ-69 "jeep" in Alexandria, painted bright red with the grille and other parts chromed.

Usual Boring Trivia:  Trumpeter also makes a URAL 4320 kit, not the same as the Zvezda.  The Trumpeter kit is an earlier version with smooth bed sides and a shorter hood, because it was powered by the KamAZ Diesel engine.  The Zvezda kit is a later version with corrugated bed sides and a longer nose, to fit its new YamAZ engine.  Both the older and newer Urals have been seen in Syria and other recent battlefields.

You may find cheaper Ural 4320 kits in boxes from Omega-K and ICM.  Ignore them.  The Omega-K kit dates from the mid-1990s and the ICM is a rebox of it.  Those are well-detailed but crude kits, with fiendish multi-part bodies that don't go together very well.  

Thank you for your nice comments guys. These russian trucks are really ugly but at the same time it has a wierd beauty in it:) I dont know about trumpeter kit but zvezda kit is really top notch. It has a fit as good as tamiya. I did not use any putty during construction. The engineering is also very nice, maybe a little over-engineered in some parts but all in all, it is very enjoyable great kit. Highly recommended... 

Here's an oddball version of the 1/35 scale Ural 4320 kit, that you may find at a swap meet or on eBay.  It was released many years ago by "Russian Project," and seems to be the only kit that company ever did.  

It's the Omega-K/ICM kit, with vacu-form parts to convert it into an ATs-5.5 fuel truck.  It also has white metal and photo-etched parts. I've had one of these in the stash for many years. If I ever build it, I may try adapting it to the new Zvezda or Trumpeter kit.  The idea of working with that much vacu-form plastic is sort of scary. 

ural-refuel.jpg

• Like 1

This Russian Project kit seems interesting, with the interesting tank on it. I have never worked on vacuform kits but I would say Zvezda kit should be a nice candidate for such a conversion, as the kit is amazing in terms of detail and fit.

Thank you guys for your encouraging comments.

23 hours ago, Rockford said:

Just looks utterly real! Fantastic model. Well done. Hope you're safe from the fires over there. 

Thank you Stephen, we are safe from the fires but unfortunately huge forest areas especially in southwestern part of Turkey have been totally destroyed. I hope the nature will heal itself soon...