Model Cars Magazine Forum

Display cabinets

ewetwo

I got them off Craig's list for $60 a piece. He had more and I should have grabbed them. 2 have double locks on the bottom and 4 have just one. I like the double better because the single lock ones. The corners of the lids do not seal tight.

Edited by ewetwo

2 hours ago, Zen said:

Nice, who makes the cases?

Those are from Carney Plastics. I have three that hold 24 cars each with dividers. Going to be getting 3 more at least one without dividers for some builds that are a bit too long for the divided ones.

May get the 21 car cases because they have higher  shelves as a frw kits are too tall for the ones that have 24.

3 hours ago, OldTrucker said:

Those are from Carney Plastics. I have three that hold 24 cars each with dividers. Going to be getting 3 more at least one without dividers for some builds that are a bit too long for the divided ones.

May get the 21 car cases because they have higher  shelves as a frw kits are too tall for the ones that have 24.

Yes. The 21 car case does give you a bit more height. The 24 car case my 1934 Ford pick ups wouldn't fit in them. They were too tall. And my 1955 Chevy Step Side just barely slid in. And I'm up in the air about the mirror back. I think it kind of distracts from the mode. Hard to photograph a model in the case.

Edited by ewetwo

14 hours ago, slusher said:

Great looking models and cases. My cases have 3 latches each they came from up state New York . I think they was Clear water before they was bought holds 21 cars and I have 1 Carney case..

Your model is right in the middle of one case Carl. Yes Zenon. I haven't seen the ad posted since I bought them so I assume he sold the rest. Of course I'd have to sell the dresser if I bought more. LOL

On 9/20/2021 at 3:49 PM, ewetwo said:

Yes. The 21 car case does give you a bit more height. The 24 car case my 1934 Ford pick ups wouldn't fit in them. They were too tall. And my 1955 Chevy Step Side just barely slid in. And I'm up in the air about the mirror back. I think it kind of distracts from the mode. Hard to photograph a model in the case.

2020-09-17 21.44.48.jpg