Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sunday Night Football

Venom

15 hours ago, slusher said:

Sunday night football 🏈 is the game I look forward too !  Not the best game I have ever seen but a really good math up and competitive..

I’ve rewatched the final moments a couple more times, and all I keep thinking is how impossible it seemed.... The impossible happened, and even though I knew who was going to win I still can’t really wrap my head around what was accomplished. Amazing ending!

8 hours ago, Venom said:

I’ve rewatched the final moments a couple more times, and all I keep thinking is how impossible it seemed.... The impossible happened, and even though I knew who was going to win I still can’t really wrap my head around what was accomplished. Amazing ending!

Your right amazing ending.  Plus Tucker of the Ravens kicked a 66 yard field goal and set the new record. That was a finish…

14 minutes ago, slusher said:

Your right amazing ending.  Plus Tucker of the Ravens kicked a 66 yard field goal and set the new record. That was a finish…

Pretty amazing kick, and how it bounced off the crossbar before going through. I can only imagine how good a kicker feels when they win the game in a clutch like that.

• Like 1

I don't hate football at all. I love the game. Heck, I used to play fantasy football in various leagues.

It's the political BS by these high salaried players getting involved to change the game to get everyone offended. And NFL Commissioner is no better in putting his foot down dealing with the cancel culture and woke crowd. He needs to man up and return the NFL back to how fun and exciting the game was once was.

The taunting rule must be eliminated for good!

Folks forget there are various personalities of star players. I see nothing wrong with players getting excitable during the game. Remember Dieon Sanders?  Icky Woods and others? Love him or hate him.. he and others is the reason they made football enjoyable to watch.

1 hour ago, BlackSheep214 said:

I don't hate football at all. I love the game. Heck, I used to play fantasy football in various leagues.

It's the political BS by these high salaried players getting involved to change the game to get everyone offended. And NFL Commissioner is no better in putting his foot down dealing with the cancel culture and woke crowd. He needs to man up and return the NFL back to how fun and exciting the game was once was.

The taunting rule must be eliminated for good!

Folks forget there are various personalities of star players. I see nothing wrong with players getting excitable during the game. Remember Dieon Sanders?  Icky Woods and others? Love him or hate him.. he and others is the reason they made football enjoyable to watch.

I understand all of what you’re saying.... I guess I just block all that stuff out so that I can still enjoy it. Funny thing is, I pretty much hated football till about 5 years ago, but now I really enjoy it, that might be part of why I’m less affected by the issues you’ve mentioned since I don’t really have that far to look back on. Also, I really only follow my own team closely. I’ll pay attention to the others just enough to know if their much of a threat or not, but I’m not one of those who can tell you all the stats of hardly anyone in the league. Probably the only thing that really does bother me sometimes is when it becomes apparent that the refs are swinging a game. I’m sure there are payouts involved.

I was watching that game too. I grew up with the 49ers, but my dad’s from Wisconsin, so my loyalties are a bit torn when they play the Packers.  It that was a great game, and both teams should hold their heads high. 

Now for an administrative note: I had to hide a couple of political comments. Please stay away from those subjects. 

• Thanks 2

Another prime example of why I stop watching NFL games. The refs are complete idiots. THE worse call of the year. Roughng the Passer?! He barely touched him!! The QB fell to his knees, not took the knee. Too much stupidity by the referees in these games.

NFL Fans Are Furious With Penalty Called On Chase Young (msn.com)

14 hours ago, BlackSheep214 said:

Another prime example of why I stop watching NFL games. The refs are complete idiots. THE worse call of the year. Roughng the Passer?! He barely touched him!! The QB fell to his knees, not took the knee. Too much stupidity by the referees in these games.

What game are you referring too?

I agree, the refs calls or lack thereof are horrible sometimes, but that’s a part of what made the game I mentioned above so great... It appeared that the refs calls were attempting to aid the opposing team, and then they ignored a blatant hit on one of my teams players which should have been a penalty... But even though we were coming from behind with 37 seconds left in the 4th and 0 time outs and seemingly biased refs trying to help our opponent, WE STILL WON!... Considering the opposing team is perhaps our greatest rival with some dramatic history involved it was really an awesome last second win. It was epic!

• 2 weeks later...

For the love of God, GET RID OF THIS TAUNTING RULE!!!  Didn't watch the game but caught this on the news.

'What an absolute coward call': Game-changing taunting enrages NFL community (msn.com)

A taunting call on the Eagles defender but not on the Buc's receiver after a tackle?!?! I call BS and a coward call on the refs officiating the games.

On 10/3/2021 at 9:24 PM, BlackSheep214 said:

Any time a quarter back is hit in the head they will call a personal foul…