Model Cars Magazine Forum

20211026_091253.thumb.jpg.6e5c2acaa7e7d255aeef8cd142aca925.jpg20211026_091328.thumb.jpg.61bfc41d1d3f975a36f18a3a9ad97e19.jpg20211026_091543.thumb.jpg.992bdbc753d9db7f462910c9c086c27f.jpg20211026_091616.thumb.jpg.7f39d602686531448852d3c2a30e3563.jpg20211026_091443_resized.thumb.jpg.45b63ef67ab5544ff5d7abaab0973d47.jpgfinally finished.  If I had to do it over again,  I would have taken better care to get the engine to sit correctly in the frame. Installing the exhaust proved to be a nightie. I also managed to break off the tab for the fuel line under the gas tank to the carb so I left that off. I did manage to install (without messing up) the throttle cable that I made from some old phone wire. I'm leaving off the license plate for now as it seems to mess up the flow of the look . I took the velocity stack from 1/25 dual quad setup from an old Challenger T/A chrome tree. And the round gas cap was an air cleaner that I don't remember where from. 

• Like 1

Thanks Tony! People seem to like the paint. I'm glad it came out as good as it did. I was determined to use the glitter paint but when I couldn't get that to work correctly, it turned out pretty good. I'm definitely going to stick with that Testors Extreme lacquer for future projects. I wish they had pleated the timing cover. The chrome look paint I used looks more like aluminum. I thought about  Moloto pen but decided to leave well enough alone.

Next time I have to remember to take pictures earlier in the build.

Nicely done. The thing with bikes, no curbside, no place to hide under the hood. Everything  is there like the real thing. Bikes are not my thing but I like to look at all kinds of models. I like to look at the work and this one is one beautiful bike and like you said, we do like the color.

keep it up

Thanks Mario. My days of riding these things are long since over. my back hurts just looking at this thing.  My cousin built more of these bikes he told me a story where a friend of his just built a hardtail and insisted he take it out for a ride. He said " when I went over the train tracks I knew the party was over". Ouch. 😖

• Mike C. changed the title to Tom Daniels grim reaper chopper finished
  • 3 weeks later...