Model Cars Magazine Forum

A&N Model Trucks RAM 3500 Dually

chuckyr

From Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/anmodeltrucks

"Hi guys.
As we all are waiting for PE-parts for Argosy, I started to make 3d model of next kit - RAM 3500 dually. And now I have a questions:
  • what frame you prefer? Heavy duty or light duty?
  • am I correct that HD frame on picture with black RAM, while LD frame is on the picture with white RAM?
  • am I correct that heavy duty can be equipped with long 8-foot box?
  • do you need kit with box, or cab + chassis and box as separate kit?
Thanks in advance.
Upd. One more question - can heavy duty trucks be equipped with HEMI engine or they supplied with Cummins diesel only?"

A&N Model Trucks is looking for input on details of a future subject. They would appreciate all suggestions.

• Like 1

Truly appreciate the questions and what you folks are doing! Personally, I would love to see a 4500 cab and chassis so I could finally create an updated Los Angeles County Squad. I believe the emergency apparatus guys would go nuts over that one!

CALACoFD_17.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2021 at 11:01 AM, iamsuperdan said:

The Ram 3500 is available with the 6.4L Hemi gas engine and the 6.7L Cummins diesel.

The kit NEEDS to have the Cummins!

Personally, I would have made a Ram 5500 chassis cab instead.

Still, I'll pick one of these up for sure.

I’m with Dan on this one I would pick up both of them. Any updates on the TRX ?

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, zaina said:

Just put an order in for one. Just wish they would have made a Cummins for it. 

I second that, who knows maybe they'll do a separate engine in the future like they did the Hemi.  In which case I'll have a spare resin Hemi, which i suppose isn't the worst position to be in...🤣

25 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

Looks awesome. There are Cummins engines available aftermarket, so not all is lost. 

I'll be placing my order soon.

The only problem with the available Cummins engine is that they are the wrong one.  This truck would have a 6.7 and the available aftermarket ones are the 5.9 12 valve. I guess you could 12 valve swap a fifth gen dodge. 😀

As an update on this, I put in an order for one of the 3500s, one of the 2500s, the suspension upgrade for the 2500, and two Hemi engines and got a note back this morning saying my estimated ship date is May 10th.

Not that I was in a particular hurry, but for anyone considering it, be aware of the que time.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that the 3500 is available, might I suggest some "Related Products" that will cover the rest of the HD truck line.

Cummins 6.7 diesel kit, 4500/5500 upgrade kit (fender flares and PE markings for hood), and 2-wheel drive front suspension upgrade kit.

Just selfishly putting it out there (see LACoFD Squad pic above) to see if I can get any traction from anyone else.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Kayma367 said:

Now that the 3500 is available, might I suggest some "Related Products" that will cover the rest of the HD truck line.

Cummins 6.7 diesel kit, 4500/5500 upgrade kit (fender flares and PE markings for hood), and 2-wheel drive front suspension upgrade kit.

Just selfishly putting it out there (see LACoFD Squad pic above) to see if I can get any traction from anyone else.

I like where your head is at.

Having worked in commercial and fleet vehicle sales for about 12 years now, I have worked with Ram a lot. Finding a Ram 3500 duallie with the gas engine, is like finding a unicorn. In all the years of doing sales, I've only seen 1.

A Cummins option just makes sense.

Personally, I would have skipped the 3500 altogether, and releases a Ram 5500 chassis cab. Could include the parts for both a 60CA and an 84CA version. Then there would always be the option to release further kits for "finishing" the truck. Flatdeck, service body, cube body, picker crane, etc.

Having a conversion kit to turn the 3500 into a 5500 would be pretty substantial. Frame, front & rear suspension, front flares, front bumper, wheels & tires, exhaust, plus all the finishing parts that would be visible with an exposed frame.

Still, having said all of that, I think is fantastic that A&N are making these kits available, as no other kit manufacturer seems to care about modern trucks.

:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1