Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get for Christmas?

Well I gat two Firebird mach racer one pro/stock STP car and still wating for more to get her in the mail.

so not bad and it was a good time whit the family.

5 MORE CAME IN THE MAIL A REVELL 69 CHARGER R/T, 55 SHOE BOX, A PRO/MOD CHASSIS, AND TWO BOSS 351 ENGINE

Edited by phantomw

I didn't get anything this year, I am usualy the giver every year. what I did get myself was the new Blackberry Bold, I also got my Cadillac back from the body shop and just in time for the new year. and my only wish wasn't for world peace nore for all of us to get out of this slup, It was for my Lakers to beat them Boston Celtics. Job well done Boys. :huh:

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

WOW I must have been good this year i got

AMT hippe hemi

Revell 32 sedan kit

new air compresor

$$180 in cash

and

my wife got me a electric fulL size drum set WOW!

And the smile on my face seeing my famliy and their faces on chrismas morrning openning their stuff too!!

HOPE EVERYONE HAD A GREAT CHRISTMAS!

I got a 2" Mini Hold and Fold to help my tired eyes and shaky hands.

http://thesmallshop.com/index.php?main_pag...;products_id=17

Also the fabulous new biography of Gene Winfield. The Legendary Custom Cars and Hot Rods of Gene Winfield by David Grant, to supply me with much needed inspiration. It's a gorgeous book and well written too.

http://www.amazon.com/Legendary-Custom-Car...2702&sr=1-4

Happy Holidays Everybody!!

Edited by gbk1

I got a New TV for my hobbie room. ...

PC250002.jpg

Merry Christmas Everybody..

I even got myself in the pic, Twice;)

It may look busy and well used but that sure is a great layout for your hobby room. :D And with that cool little TV you can be a multimedia monster in 2009!

Edited by gbk1

I would like to add, a pulled lower back muscle and an issue of the darksides magazine's contest issue. (Sorry Gregg, no Model Cars mags over here yet.) Which, on page 63 you will see Raul Perez's Willy's gasser pickup and on page 67, Anthony Rios' 1/8 coupe. Good job guys!!

After tonight I like to add a 19yr old daughter that I got to see for the first time in 19yrs. Sounds kind of off the wall, but when her mother and me broke up I did not know she was pregnet untill 8 months later. She sent me a letter telling me she did not want to screw up my chances in racing and that she also did not know what to do as we both was very young. She was 18 and I was 20 at the time. We broke up 3 weeks before we was to get married and then I lost tuch with her up till tonight. Great Christmas and New Year gift,,, Oh ya she is going to MSU for Engineering and Design.. what a great kid.

It may look busy and well used but that sure is a great layout for your hobby room. :( And with that cool little TV you can be a multimedia monster in 2009!

Sorry I didn't get a chance to clean my work station.

It's Disorginzed Chaos going on.

I was in a rush to set up my Lil T.V.

Works as good as the 27" across the room did.

Now I can keep my eys focused on my desk. :blink:

Also my G/F spied a Puegeot 205 Turbo Rally car in our LHS for me. :P

And I picked up the New (oxy-moron?) reissued MPC Monte Carlo too. :D

Edited by Zukiholic

Heres A List Of What I Got:

Revell 64 Chevy C10 Fleetside Pickup

AMT 67 Ford Mustang GT Fastback

Revell 68 Dodge Charger R/T

Revell 69 Ford Mustang Fastback(Hot Rod Series)

Lindberg 29 Mercedes SSK Sports Roadster

Academy/Minicraft Transportation In Miniature

Revell 39 Mercedes 540K Roadster 1/48 Scale

Also I Got A Ed Hardy T-Shirt & A Old Navy Shirt From My Sister-In-Law.

I Already Started On The Charger Which Is Gonna Be Built Stock.

It was raining Ferrari's this year...my wife and daughters gave me the following:

Revell

- Ferrari 360 Modena Spyder

- Ferrari F-430

- Ferrari 599 GTB

AMT

- 2007 SEMA Special Edition 1967 Mustang Fastback

and

a dozen Callaway Golf Balls for my other passion in life

wishing all of you the best... :(

I had a nice quiet Christmas, my son gave me a gift card for Hobbytown. My wife, mom,and nephew gave me gift cards for Lowes,and Home Depot. Which I promptly went out yesterday and bought a new Dewalt 12" compound miter saw and Dewalt mitersaw horse. They will make my house renovation and woodworking much easier. :D

Hey , Gang !

I have always believed it is better to give than receive and this year proved it big time. I bought the girlfriend an H series Paache airbrush , a tool box full of modeling tools , and a Revell ' 69 Camaro. She was the epitome of the words " Little kid at Christmas " The lady has a serious case of modeling fever ! The smile on her face was something to behold!

The ex and my daughter gave me a hooded sweatshirt with " Chicks dig model builders " across the front of it with a '60 's era Cadillac underneath the logo . I'll make sure to wear it at the shows so Tom Kren and the rest of my crazed modeling buddies can check it out ! Kathie ( girlfriend ! ) got me a ' 69 Falcon from The Missing Link and a beautiful sweatshirt with the Lone Wolf Custom logo airbrushed on the front of it . The wolf head is stunning !

Best part of it all , the ex called me at work Christmas afternoon just so I could listen to the nieces and nephews playing with their new remote controlled helicopters that we bought them for Christmas ! That my friends, was priceless ! Cant wait until next Saturday , we are going to my daughter and son in law's home to celebrate Christmas with my granddaughter . She is too cute for comfort !

I have been warned , after the New Year , my nose is being put back to the grind stone by Kathie ! We are about to start shooting the Tips and Tricks for Show Cars dvd and I have quite a bit of prep work to do in the next couple of weeks. Aside from that , building for the upcoming show season is on the list too. Sometimes I feel like a one legged man in a butt kicking contest ! It's all good !

Bluesman..... A couple more books to add to your list that Davis has out .

1 - Super Stock - Drag Racing The Family Sedan

2 - Quarter Mile Muscle

These books are a fantastic source for drag racing fiends , Slixx Decals carries these and quite a few more that are more than worth their weight in gold .

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas . I hope you all have a safe and happy New Year. I'm out , I've got a ' 66 El Camino to finish up and a ' 66 GTO that is almost there too. After that , into the paint booth tomorrow afternoon for a paint marathon that is going to last for about 4 hours ! Hooray for me !......I think !

The Old Man

Lone Wolf Custom Painting