Model Cars Magazine Forum

PEDAL CAR Meeting

CUSTOMBOY

On 12/13/2021 at 11:40 AM, paul alflen said:

Mister NNL, those look like the stuff you used to offer under The "Grampa toys "line?

Yes they do. I scratch built all the masters and Modelhuas cast them for me. I built a small scale car carrier tractor trailer rig to haul some of them just cause I could.lots of small scale fun went into those.

On 12/15/2021 at 3:15 PM, misterNNL said:

Can you post a link here for others can order them if they wish?

unfortunately, I can not give you a link to order the pedal car because my German friend had made a limited quantity (at the time) and he sold everything

11 hours ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

Bonjour Jean-Claude!

Great dio, very convincing.

I'm curious: how do you call the painting technique used on the lower rosy section of the gold SUV? It looks a bit like House of Kolor's Marblelizer, but it might be your own motif or stenciling technique? 

Merci!

CT

Hello Claude

to make the effect, I used the color "metallic pearl" (createx), then I crumpled transparent food film and patted with that the paint to dry and after I added "purple candy" (Créatex )and I started again with the film

AUT52464.jpg

AUT52458.jpg

AUT52465.jpg

AUT52466.jpg

Salut Jean-Claude!

Thank you for the reply.

Your technique duplicates the effect achieved with the HOK Marbelizer, which is an oily semi-metallic "paint" designed to be applied in a thin coat over a contrasting base-coat. Then, a sheet of plastic wrap is dropped on the freshly applied coat of Marbelizer, and quickly removed. The random contact patch of the plastic film mars the wet surface, just like you obtain when you patted your surface with the plastic film. Same results, different technique. A candy coat is then superposed. 

I never used Createx myself, but I suppose it is NOT solvent based. If it were, it would mar the base coat and create a mess at the contact points. It is therefore a good medium to superpose the pearly marble effect on your base coat. 

Great technique and results, bravo!

Salutations, 

CT