Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Monogram '57 Vette .

rob1957

Here is our '57 Vette . To say this kit was a challenge for us would be an understatement . Issues we had : front and rear valance req'd extensive putty/sanding . Still couldn't get it to look right .

Would have been easier if their were some pins/holes for front/rear bumper guards . Windshield was too wide , glass was too big for frame , broke both trying to get them to fit .

This kit was beyond my skill level . I'll be the first to admit that .

Corvette box1.JPG

frontandfrosty5.JPG

• Like 1

Molotow 1mm Chrome stick for moulding between coves and body .

White walls were too large to fit into tires .We had to use a Dremel to open up the tire diameter . Tires were rather stiff material.

Had difficulty with front bumper guards .

front driverside3.JPG

front pass.side4.JPG

• Like 1

Interior colour is Zero Paints Leather Colour Cuoio. BMF for chrome moulding .Interior door panels were a bit of a challenge to get them to meet up with door at BMF.

Body colour is Zero Paints Bugatti French Racing Blue .This paint goes on matte finish , something didn't quite work out the way we hoped with our paint .

Frosty looks happy , all ready for a Christmas cruise . Better get him back on the tree before he's missed .

To sum up : this might have been a kit beyond my skill level considering the issues encountered . Need  practice on paint/finish department .

Enjoy . Thanks for looking . Robert.

interio6r.JPG

pass.side view7.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks for favourable feedback everybody .  We are pleased with final results . Sometimes I get frustrated . Take a break , re-group and come back next day .

I was most worried about how the coves would turn out with the taping req'd  and the chrome strip between the blue and white . I don't think we could have

done that with BMF so we used Molotow Chrome Stick . 

Windshield update: removed clear "glass" and chopped a piece from upper/lower frame , did a re-fit and got a better match up . Found some pliable clear and glued that

in place . Fingers crossed we can get a nice finished appearance .

Thanks again . Robert.

Well here we are with our modified windshield attached . 

Salvaged the original which had broken in two . After measuring width from side to side , removed pieces from top and bottom , re-glued and cleaned out all the 

old glue from inside . Next we used some clear plastic from a blueberry container , laid this out and trimmed to fit . Challenging operation.

Then my wife held windshield in place while glue dried and there we have it .Voila ! 

Looks good .

Thanks for looking . Merry Christmas !

vettewindshield7.JPG