Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

My 3 builds for 2021

Steve H

On 12/24/2021 at 10:41 AM, chris chabre said:

I enjoyed watching all 3 be built! Cant wait to see what you do next year!

Thanks Chris!

On 12/24/2021 at 11:14 AM, doorsovdoon said:

Lovely work, very clean detail on them.

Thanks Gareth, you had a prolific year of building!

On 12/24/2021 at 11:17 AM, tbill said:

I tell ya what, I’d take those 3 any day of the week! Incredibly cool builds, well done!

Thank you Tom.

On 12/24/2021 at 11:50 AM, Phildaupho said:

Three great builds. Looking forward to more from your bench in 2022. All the best for the New Year. Merry Christmas Steve

Hi Phil ! Hoping for a bit more production in the coming year. 

On 12/24/2021 at 11:50 AM, steveracer said:

Oh that 442 pickup truck! 😜  Man that looks awesome, such a beautiful job on pulling the exterior together to perfection.  And that engine.  It looks real real! 

If I could (really hate to) offer one simple suggestion, and it is ONLY because the ONLY giveway that the engine is a scale model, is to run a little panel line between the alternator body and the fan...or use some chalk there.   If those parts were two pieces, then you would have had me lock stock and barrel - it is so well executed.

Thanks for posting these three (oh, I like the Chevy wagon too, the back end looks nice!

Hi Steve, thank you for your input. I love this forum and continue to learn from all the talent here. I appreciate the feedback sir, and thanks for the kind words.

On 12/24/2021 at 3:17 PM, bbowser said:

Outstanding models!

Thanks Bruce.

On 12/24/2021 at 3:23 PM, larman said:

Wow! All 3 are stunners! Certainly a case of quality over quantity!

I appreciate that Larry.

On 12/24/2021 at 3:29 PM, Keef said:

HOW in the world did I miss these?? 😱😱😱

Absolutley beautiful work sir!!

Thanks for the kind words Keith. I’m seeing lots of builds I missed too.

On 12/24/2021 at 3:43 PM, Dragonhawk1066 said:

Very nice and very cool builds!!

Thank you Craig.

On 12/24/2021 at 4:03 PM, KWT said:

Hadn't seen the wagon or the Chrysler. Definitely gonna have to go back and check them out... All 3 very nicely done.

Hi Jeremy, there are WIPs for all of them if you are interested. Thanks for having a look.

On 12/24/2021 at 4:08 PM, TransAmMike said:

Goodness Steve, great builds there. The 4-4-2 'Camino, WOW!!👍

Much appreciated Mike! Always nice to hear from you sir!

On 12/24/2021 at 4:08 PM, TransAmMike said:
On 12/24/2021 at 6:02 PM, espo said:

Enjoyed following the builds on these three. Great craftsmanship on all of them.  

Hi David! As I have said before, I really appreciate your constructive feedback on the WIPs. Always well thought out and respectful. 
Hope you have a wonderful holiday season.

On 12/24/2021 at 7:48 PM, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Steve!

Well, judging by your 3 masterpieces, 2021 wa not a bad year! I just today noticed the water bottle in the Olds... This level of detail is well representative of your enthusiasm for styrene. 

May 2022 see you at the bench even more. Who knows what we'll be able to feast on?

Happy holidays!

CT 

Hello Claude, great to hear from you my friend. That darn wagon beat me up a bit last year. Hoping for 4-5 builds for 22, BUT… I try not to rush, cause that never ends well for me!  Happy holidays to you and yours sir, all the best.

On 12/25/2021 at 5:19 AM, Zippi said:

Nice looking trio you got there Steve.  I really like the wagon. 

Thanks Bob! 

On 12/25/2021 at 6:00 AM, SickBoy said:

Fantastic builds Steve. Each one has so much style done so cleanly and tastefully. Just gorgeous. That Olds Camino is a work of art!

Thank you Josh.

On 12/25/2021 at 9:07 AM, slusher said:

Outstanding models!

Carl !! Always a pleasure to hear from you sir. Thanks for having a look.

On 12/25/2021 at 9:58 AM, Koellefornia Kid said:

Very cool and inspiring builds! I had a lot of fun following the WIPs!

Thanks for checking in here, and for following along with the WIPs.

On 12/25/2021 at 2:22 PM, PappyD340 said:

Incredible builds!

Thanks Larry!

On 12/26/2021 at 8:03 AM, BeakDoc said:

3 killer models! Your detailing under the hood is spectacular. I really dig the Olds, from concept to finish. Well done, sir.

Hi Chris, I appreciate the kind words.

On 12/26/2021 at 11:22 AM, Plowboy said:

Welp, that's three outstanding models Steve! That Olds is just off the hook! The way everything blends together on the body, the paint and details all just come together perfect on it! You could've still been happy if that had been the only one you built this year.

Hello Roger, thanks for taking the time to comment. You give me tons of inspiration with your builds. I have learned a lot from your WIPs. All the best for ‘22 sir, looking forward to seeing what you create this year.

On 12/26/2021 at 11:57 AM, ChrisR said:

Awesome!!

Thanks Chris.

On 12/26/2021 at 1:58 PM, Mattilacken said:

As mentioned! Loved seeing all three being built! And they all look great. The first two hold such a high standard and with that level I am suprised you managed to make two! 

great builds with a really cool stance! 

Hi Anton !! Thanks pal, I always appreciate your comments and feedback. Gotta keep ‘‘em low…

On 12/26/2021 at 2:55 PM, Bills72sj said:

Most impressive. Especially the engines. Well done.

Thank you Bill.

On 12/27/2021 at 1:03 PM, bobthehobbyguy said:

Three stunning builds. Well done.

I appreciate that Bob!

9 hours ago, landman said:

X2

Thanks Pat.

8 hours ago, Jantrix said:

The Olds has to be one of my favorite for the year. Everything about it just works so well. Ataboy.

Rob, that is very high praise! Thank you very much for the kind words. The Olds was definitely one of my best efforts, and I was really pleased with how it turned out.

7 hours ago, NOBLNG said:

Those are just fantastic in their detail. I somehow never checked in on the build thread for the wagon….but now I did and….WOW!👍👍👍

Hello Greg! Thanks for the kind words sir! I love following your builds, always informative and creative. From one Canuck to another, happy holidays and all the best for ‘22