Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC 1973 Ford Mustang

doorsovdoon

I gouged out the area on the hood that was giving me trouble and filled it with body filler, sanded smooth and that seems to have fixed it. I think it was the brake cleaner I used to strip the paint, it had seeped under a crack in the filler and got trapped is my guess. I tried masking the hood but I just can't get the shape right freehand so I'm leaving it flat black.

DSC01963.JPG

• Like 1

Couple more details I added before I put this in underglass. The hood looked like it needed something so I just painted the trim edge the same body colour which made a huge difference! Also added some decals to the rear panel from the Revell '68 Mustang, I think they were the side decals for the '68.

DSC01999.JPG

DSC02002.JPG

Edited by doorsovdoon
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Sledsel said:

Came out really nice.

Personally I prefer the AMT kit.

Thanks man. I was reading through a thread somewhere on here the other day about the MPC and AMT Mustangs. They both seem to have their pros and cons. I'm just glad it's MPC that still survives and not Palmer, Lol! I would like to build the AMT version if I ever find one. 

16 hours ago, slusher said:

Well done Gareth..

Thanks mate. It was fun build with no headaches

1 hour ago, doorsovdoon said:

Thanks man. I was reading through a thread somewhere on here the other day about the MPC and AMT Mustangs. They both seem to have their pros and cons. I'm just glad it's MPC that still survives and not Palmer, Lol! I would like to build the AMT version if I ever find one. 

I have found one about every five years that was not overpriced.

43DFCFAD-079F-41EA-8B33-992897DF6E1E.jpeg

27 minutes ago, doorsovdoon said:

Nice collection of vintage Mustang kits. I seen this on ebay here, it's the only one listed and at nearly £55! I don't think I'll be building any AMT versions!

73 Mustang..jpg

I picked up a few of these when they came out.

22 hours ago, doorsovdoon said:

Get the Troppe care and use the MPC interior parts . The MPC stock seats suck tho