Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 56 F100

There have been both small window and large window variants, but I cannot seem to find what boxing the large window version was in. I have seen builtups, but no boxes. My red truck box I got in a trade years ago has the large window cab, but the window in the kit is the small window. Anyone know what box/issue is the large window?

I've never seen that red issue with the small window.  I bought mine right when it came out, so mine does have the big window.

I have two of the HOT ROD Magazine version kits, but they differ from one another.  The later one is copyright 1994, still with HOT ROD branding.  It predates the large rear window version so it still has mostly old tooling parts.  It still has the small window.  But it does have (then) newly tooled BBS style wheels that are way better than those in the earlier HOT ROD kit.  Tires were changed to the big/little Goodyears that were also used later in the '32 Ford kits.  The ones in my kit have lettering and sidewall detail.  Though this second HOT ROD kit is from the "old" pre-update tooling, the custom parts and Pontiac engine are no longer included.  Those parts have not been in any of the '56 pickups issued since then.  I originally mentioned this one thinking it has the big window.  No, it does not.  Only that one (red) issue ever had the big window, and apparently not even all of them.

Edited by Mark
Correct info

To veer off the path a little bit, the Ed Roth issue pickup is basically the retooled street machine version with the stock rims, Olds Fiesta wheel covers, and small rear window cab.  It has dual exhausts and the Thunderbird air filter, not the stock single exhaust and stock engine parts it really should have had.  Roth only had the truck a few months, and didn't alter it other than paint.  A later owner swapped a Packard V8 into it.

The original 1962 issue could not be built 100% stock.  It had dual exhausts, the T-Bird air filter, chromed/reversed wheels, and a custom headliner on the inside of the cab.  

No spare parts, only the two complete kits.

Edited by Mark
Added info

On 1/28/2022 at 7:41 AM, Classicgas said:

There have been both small window and large window variants, but I cannot seem to find what boxing the large window version was in. I have seen builtups, but no boxes. My red truck box I got in a trade years ago has the large window cab, but the window in the kit is the small window. Anyone know what box/issue is the large window?

My revell 56 Ford pu has big back wimdow #7602 1995 box looks like the one shown on here.

On 1/28/2022 at 9:47 PM, Sam I Am said:

So this is the strange thing. I bought and built that red truck box art, only able to build 100% stock, kit. still have the model, and NO big window, or option for it.

20220128_194224.jpg

2 hours ago, larry ray said:

My revell 56 Ford pu has big back wimdow #7602 1995 box looks like the one shown on here.

On 1/28/2022 at 7:41 AM, Classicgas said:

On 1/28/2022 at 9:47 PM, Sam I Am said:

So this is the strange thing. I bought and built that red truck box art, only able to build 100% stock, kit. still have the model, and NO big window, or option for it.

20220128_194224.jpg

Sam the one I have I think I got in a trade from you. Red one with  big back window.