Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Street Outlaws America's List, Season 2

Gonna be interesting. Some observations: 

1. Chief not participating, even as racemaster? Hmmmm. I wonder what Murder Nova meant when he said "He's not gonna be doing this anymore." Did he just mean AL racemaster, or has Chief quit racing altogether? 

2. Sorry to see Jeff James in Heifer not make the cut. Looks like only one new MSO'er will be on the list, and I'd be willing to bet it's Lee Roberts. Chelsea's car just isn't up to racing with the rest of these guys anyway. 

3. There are four or five people I was glad to see were NOT invited to this shindig. But I've already developed a dislike for Eric Bain. 

4. What's up with Brandon James? He totaled his Mustang on America's Fastest, so I guess he'll have his NPK Nova? 

5. Will be interesting to see how Jeff Lutz and Monza do here. 

6. I SEVERELY hope they come up with some rule so that the same guys aren't racing each other again and again week after week. I wanna see movement up and down the list! 

7 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Gonna be interesting. Some observations: 

1. Chief not participating, even as racemaster? Hmmmm. I wonder what Murder Nova meant when he said "He's not gonna be doing this anymore." Did he just mean AL racemaster, or has Chief quit racing altogether? 

Pretty sure he quit the show altogether. 

4 minutes ago, stitchdup said:

It says online he's sitting this year out after spending most of last year filming away from his family. He says he'll be back for the okc series

Not sure about that but I do know he had a big argument with precious the first night of America's List and walked off the set. I saw it on several different YouTube channels. It's actually on his YouTube channel that he quit.

10 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

I tried to watch it but I don't have a spare hour to kill. Can someone give me a summation, or at least point me to the time hacks where he actually says something of substance? :unsure:

you should be able to play it at double speed somewhere in the options menu

53 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

I tried to watch it but I don't have a spare hour to kill. Can someone give me a summation, or at least point me to the time hacks where he actually says something of substance? :unsure:

I am a big fan of his. This is mostly his philosophy about enforcing rules he didn't implement and does not believe in on racers he respects. He just decided did not want to do that.

11 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Most of the fans and racers that watch the show do not like arm drop and chase is a race and want the rules changed. This year the show had 12 drivers with a chance to race your way in and most of the 12 were mso cars and alot of people including Chief had a problem with that. Chief and mso had a big argument and Chief quit.

Apparently Tricia was just able to start walking again last week. 

Looks like Monday night's episode will be her wreck. Obviously she didn't make it back it back to America's List but I think JJ did. 

• 1 month later...

Okay, I've been trying as best I can to keep up with this, even in hospital rooms. 

VERY gratifying to see JJ Da Boss sitting in the #3 slot, especially seeing how he started the season. I wouldn't bet a huge amount of money against him hitting #1 for at least one week, though I doubt he'll finish the season there. 

Also very gratifying to see Bobby "Also Ran" Ducote hanging on to the #1 slot for week after week. Beginning to think he's been slow-playing his car's performance for years now--he always seems to make some kind of statement about "I think this thing's on its last legs, but I'm gonna turn the b**** up some more and send it." 

Also gratifying to see Lee Roberts hanging in the Top Four week after week.

Also, Precious's Nova had me confused for several weeks. I thought Tricia's Zip Tie was damaged beyond repair, and officially pulled from the list by JJ, but now it looks like Precious is driving it, and she didn't start with it at #25. I've listened carefully but in vain for some explanation but the only logical conclusion at this point is that the MSO crew built up a second red '67 Nova, a Zip Tie lookalike. Or did I miss something? 

Also, last year, after Brandon James' wreck, they brought in another car to fill the list. I don't remember them doing that this year when Tricia came off the list. Are they running a 24-car show here? :wacko:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Okay, I've been trying as best I can to keep up with this, even in hospital rooms. 

VERY gratifying to see JJ Da Boss sitting in the #3 slot, especially seeing how he started the season. I wouldn't bet a huge amount of money against him hitting #1 for at least one week, though I doubt he'll finish the season there. 

Also very gratifying to see Bobby "Also Ran" Ducote hanging on to the #1 slot for week after week. Beginning to think he's been slow-playing his car's performance for years now--he always seems to make some kind of statement about "I think this thing's on its last legs, but I'm gonna turn the b**** up some more and send it." 

Also gratifying to see Lee Roberts hanging in the Top Four week after week.

Also, Precious's Nova had me confused for several weeks. I thought Tricia's Zip Tie was damaged beyond repair, and officially pulled from the list by JJ, but now it looks like Precious is driving it, and she didn't start with it at #25. I've listened carefully but in vain for some explanation but the only logical conclusion at this point is that the MSO crew built up a second red '67 Nova, a Zip Tie lookalike. Or did I miss something? 

Also, last year, after Brandon James' wreck, they brought in another car to fill the list. I don't remember them doing that this year when Tricia came off the list. Are they running a 24-car show here? :wacko:

precious has been in the nova from the start mate, its been in the backgrounds of the jj interviews for a couple of seasons now.

4 hours ago, stitchdup said:

precious has been in the nova from the start mate, its been in the backgrounds of the jj interviews for a couple of seasons now.

That's Zip Tie. Precious has been driving Kaiser Blade, the the '65 Malibu, for the last two or three seasons. 

On 6/2/2022 at 3:39 PM, Snake45 said:

That's Zip Tie. Precious has been driving Kaiser Blade, the the '65 Malibu, for the last two or three seasons. 

I was meaning from the start of season 2 of americas list. Look at the front bumper of the car in the interview background again, ziptie has a cut out centre for the pro charger while the one in the background doesn't have the cut out. Could they have ziptie lookalike for doing car shows maybe so they can still race those days?

Edited by stitchdup