Model Cars Magazine Forum

Now that I have my detachable lowboy finished I need a load for it. I’m using the AMT/ERTL issue of the bulldozer. I have a PE kit, cab cover, hydraulic cylinder for the blade and new tracks that are shipping next week from ST Supply company. I’ve started working on the engine and some work on the blade. I’m going to do my first real weathering attempt on this one. I’m going for a very well maintained and not very old look. As always your comments are always welcome and appreciated. 

F1BB3073-F6D8-4C0F-B258-304E2A0E8CF8.jpeg

F382C236-6287-4B3B-AC93-8A09F7A47F8A.jpeg

C7566C2C-B8E4-4E20-942A-0D5DD7F597F2.jpeg

602EA0D0-EC1B-42B2-944B-42F12EB95A02.jpeg

Thanks Jeff. 

I’ve made some progress with my painting and some assembled parts. The tracks are from the kit and I painted them semi black and put Uschi iron powder on them to see how they look. I’m waiting for my new tracks that are shipping this week with the cab and PE set. I’m running out of things I can do with out the new parts. Here’s my current mock up of the dozer. I’m using Scale Finishes Caterpillar Equipment Yellow. 

AF8D742A-D261-4703-B8C5-1081C7D11800.jpeg

311110A6-8AB8-48D4-8888-1482790A7399.jpeg

ADB77499-3DAF-4A69-9203-EFF17F4ECD1C.jpeg

9E7F6967-8C3C-4907-81CB-3A5B62D59EDE.jpeg

Mopar, love the paint job! It's truly an oldie but goldie kit; I just finished one and there are some photos down in the "Under Glass" forum.

Question - what tracks do you have on order for yours and can you please point the way with a link? Best of luck with the continuing build.

Kevin

Thanks, Dan, those tracks will make a great improvement. I don't think they were available when I built mine, but all of PapyHobby's stuff is great - the ROPS canopy, the ROPS screens, the grille screen, blade angle cylinder. Another item that is small but makes a great difference is SMT's colored PE instrument panel and data plaques.

Great build, looking forward to more.

Kevin  

2 hours ago, KevinCarroll said:

Thanks, Dan, those tracks will make a great improvement. I don't think they were available when I built mine, but all of PapyHobby's stuff is great - the ROPS canopy, the ROPS screens, the grille screen, blade angle cylinder. Another item that is small but makes a great difference is SMT's colored PE instrument panel and data plaques.

Great build, looking forward to more.

Kevin  

Thanks Kevin. I’ve got the PE , blade angle cylinder and canopy option 1 also in the order with the tracks. Have you checked out my detachable lowboy I just finished I’m going to haul the dozer on it. 

Made some progress on the ripper on the back and added some details to the blade hydraulic cylinders. I’m about as far as I can go with this until my aftermarket parts arrive. I’m going to add another dump trailer to my Super Bee Trucking fleet. This trailer is going to be all scratch built more details coming soon. The cab will be a Dodge. Here’s my current update pictures. 

DD015F6E-E1C6-479D-8C61-0FD159872DCE.jpeg

818EAB40-9217-489D-9716-D611A87A4011.jpeg

1 hour ago, Mopar - D said:

Made some progress on the ripper on the back and added some details to the blade hydraulic cylinders. I’m about as far as I can go with this until my aftermarket parts arrive. I’m going to add another dump trailer to my Super Bee Trucking fleet. This trailer is going to be all scratch built more details coming soon. The cab will be a Dodge. Here’s my current update pictures. 

DD015F6E-E1C6-479D-8C61-0FD159872DCE.jpeg

818EAB40-9217-489D-9716-D611A87A4011.jpeg

I seldom if at all look at threads other thasn cars and light trucks but this one looked interesting to me and I'm glad I did.  Impressive work Dan.

Dan

Nice work on the D8, that blade is nice looking.

May I recommend to dull it down a bit, as it's a bit of too shinny for a working cat.

Jamie at Moluminum has a nice set of resin tracks links that includes the drive sprockets, which has the separate drive segments moulded on. It's not workable but is very nice.

I have 3 dozers waiting, and a bunch of PE and resin accessories too.

Will be watching this come together.

You are building at an incredible pace.

On 4/28/2022 at 5:31 PM, Warren D said:

Nice progress on this.  I'm trying to remember if I got the replacement tracks for mine.  I think I did, just need to find them.

Thanks Warren. If you did buy the tracks I hope you find them they are not cheap lol. 

On 4/28/2022 at 5:40 PM, TransAmMike said:

I seldom if at all look at threads other thasn cars and light trucks but this one looked interesting to me and I'm glad I did.  Impressive work Dan.

Thanks Mike

On 4/28/2022 at 8:03 PM, Petriedish said:

Dan

Nice work on the D8, that blade is nice looking.

May I recommend to dull it down a bit, as it's a bit of too shinny for a working cat.

Jamie at Moluminum has a nice set of resin tracks links that includes the drive sprockets, which has the separate drive segments moulded on. It's not workable but is very nice.

I have 3 dozers waiting, and a bunch of PE and resin accessories too.

Will be watching this come together.

You are building at an incredible pace.

Thanks Demeter. I plan on adding some weathering on it to dull it down some. 

On 4/30/2022 at 6:45 AM, Dutzie said:

Great looking build! I need to buy the pe set. It looks awesome. 

Thanks Brian. 

On 5/4/2022 at 7:57 AM, slusher said:

Bulldozer loooks awesome Dan, I know you have work too do on it. 

Thanks Carl

Received email today from PapyHobby that my in stock parts ordered on March 17 shipped today and with an estimated arrival of May 20.