Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT '70s Short Body R.E. Dragster (05/22/2022)

On 5/31/2022 at 6:10 PM, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Daniel, I just checked the pictures of your frame and it looks great.  Have you ever tried to build one in brass?  I know it's more difficult but with your talent I think you have what it takes.  Don't see any pressure there, I'm just curious. 😁

I should add that I have lost track of the number of times I thought "Why didn't I just scratchbuild this dadgum thing?!"😂 That's so much more fun than  cleaning up mold lines!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for not commenting on this build till now, moving to a new city pretty much used up the last two months.  I'm really liking this project, great workmanship and the extra photos of the nostalgia car and your brass work were great.  Well done Daniel 

43 minutes ago, Ian McLaren said:

Sorry for not commenting on this build till now, moving to a new city pretty much used up the last two months.  I'm really liking this project, great workmanship and the extra photos of the nostalgia car and your brass work were great.  Well done Daniel 

Thanks so much, Ian! I got distracted by another model I've had sitting around, so I haven't got back to this one, yet. I've kind of been thinking about that new body for the NFD. It should be a piece of cake--I already have the patterns for the panels just by flattening the soft ones out and copying them onto flashing. It really would be a cool model! Where did you move to? When I was a kid, we used to get to Lethbridge, fairly regularly. I've always loved Canada. Beautiful place!