Model Cars Magazine Forum

W900 Hauler / Dodge 4x4: Part #1

Here’s my next big rig build. I’m going to be stretching the frame on the Papa Truck to accept the W900 cab and nose. I’ll also use the Papa Truck cab to stretch the sleeper, on the W900. More than likely, I won’t be using the side skirts going down the sides of the truck. It’ll be painted all black and maybe some dark gray.

22B30239-A6CF-48FC-8581-99D31270580B.jpeg

Edited by Saltie Olds
To rename the project, now that I know I’ll be doing a model of another model to go with it.

58 minutes ago, David G. said:

That's going to be one huge sleeper.

David G.

Yep, that it is. I’ll have to measure it to find out how long it is, I’m guessing it’s about a 120” sleeper. This one is also a really fun build. I got one idea on building it, because of wanting to know what the Papa/Hideout trucks would look like as a conventional and the sleeper idea for another build I’m wanting to do. I’m wanting to do the first generation ‘87 to whenever was built of the KW T800.

I just measured the sleeper on this truck. It’s 4.535” long. That translates to 113.375”. I’m thinking that I’ll just say that it has a 112” sleeper. Or maybe a 112” or 113” studio sleeper, not sure right now. I do know that the chassis to this truck is about 18” long or so.

Wow that’s a long cab! Your sleeper looks good nice and smooth. You know that Hobby Lobby sells the Evergreen plan sheets of Polystyrene plastic in a couple different thicknesses. It might of been a little easier for filling up the gap on your sleeper. 

1 hour ago, Mopar - D said:

Wow that’s a long cab! Your sleeper looks good nice and smooth. You know that Hobby Lobby sells the Evergreen plan sheets of Polystyrene plastic in a couple different thicknesses. It might of been a little easier for filling up the gap on your sleeper. 

Yah, that would have made it a lot easier, or if I had a third W900 Aerodyne cab. Thank You. I’m having a lot of fun with this one, as well.

On 5/16/2022 at 2:41 PM, Saltie Olds said:

Have a start on the sleeper. I’m going to use the Papa Truck cab to fill in the gap in the roof area and delete both of those things, in the middle of the roof.

2294913C-EA56-415F-A7DE-94C3B5E3EE13.jpeg

E3F8C272-B8E6-45AC-BB84-8C0D3E1742A5.jpeg

Not sure, but I think those "things" on the top of the sleeper are clearance lights.

Maybe the truckers in this group can say for sure.

2 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Not sure, but I think those "things" on the top of the sleeper are clearance lights.

Maybe the truckers in this group can say for sure.

I'm not sure if you're talking about the 5 marker hole light slots, or the 4 holes for the air horns? 

• Saltie Olds changed the title to W900 Hauler / Dodge 4x4: Part #1