Model Cars Magazine Forum

My International Transtar CO-4070A

Finally finished up this build.  I have not built a big rig for at least 10 years, and I found this kit to be challenging but really enjoyable to work on.  Very little flash, good fits and very detailed throughout.  I bought 2 of them and glad I did.  I think I will get all of the painting done on the 2nd one while the good weather is here and then build it at a leisurely pace during the winter.  The only modification I did on this one is to shorten the frame 1".  As others have stated I thought the concept of a cabover was to get a shorter OAL so that a longer trailer (payload) would be possible.

During my 35 year career as a special machine designer I had several opportunities to work on high production transfer machines for Detroit Diesel (Mostly for their Series 60 engine) so I couldn't really paint this engine any color except Detroit Diesel green.  Even though I have been retired for over 20 years the loyalty is still there.

Intl Transtar 1a.JPG

Intl Transtar 1b.JPG

Intl Transtar 1c.JPG

Intl Transtar 1d.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice job! I went with green on my engine too.

According to the literature I found, only the turbo engines were red. The non-turbos were green. And seeing as how this one does not have a turbo...

Anyway, I like it. The shortened frame definitely suits the truck. I should have done that too.

:)