Model Cars Magazine Forum

Resin Baja Bug

15 hours ago, Oldmopars said:

I would love one of these. I already have a file I made for the wheels shown. I made them for the Revell Bronco dune buggy. 

Those wheels would be a must for me too. Would they work with those Firestone/Gates commando tires?

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, paul alflen said:

Mike c , Just saw a Hot Wheels 1/64th of this Baja bug . Have Texas 3d custom scan the body of the Hot Wheels car, then enlarge it to the size you need in 1/25th or1/24th!

If it were that simple, I would think they would have done it by now.

5 minutes ago, Mike C. said:

All right Charles! You decided to go with the wide eye version. I check the site every day to see if it is available yet. Been itching for this one!

This is not as easy as it seems. But like I said I need a tester as my skills are not this good. There's also an engine cradle and front bumper

Edited by Texas_3D_Customs
More info
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, TarheelRick said:

Looks might good.  Where do I send my money and how much do you want?

Contact Charles at Texas 3D Customs. Ask him when the Baja bug kit will be available. Or you can just PM him on this board. We're still working out the bugs (no pun intended) before it goes into production.

Texas 3D Customs – Texas3DCustoms (tx3dcustoms.com)

7 hours ago, Calb56 said:

How about the exhaust? Haven't found the full exhaust available but did find this...

https://www.shapeways.com/product/XHJPENDGW/vw-stinger-1-25-exhaust?optionId=64176966&li=shops

I'm sure Charles is working on a stinger exhaust of some kind. I'm going to use the one from the AMT Manx kit if I can get it to work. It's 1/25 while the revell kit is 1/24. I found the perfect wheels for this build but they cost more than most full price kits. I'm hoping they will work with the tires I plan on using.

1:24 VW Baja wheels and dragster tire set up | 3DScaleParts