Model Cars Magazine Forum

Olson Brothers Contact Information - no reply to status of order placed.

I do not normally go to the web and blast anyone, especially someone who in the past has provided really nice service and parts.   So, I'm hoping someone here might know how to get in touch with Olson Brothers - other than sales@resincastmodelparts.com.  I have emailed several times and received no reply.  I have also tried to reach out via his Facebook page and got the following auto reply:

Hi, thanks for contacting us. We've received your message and appreciate you reaching out. Unfortunately I rarely get to check messages here. Please contact me directly at sales@resincastmodelparts.com. Have a great day and hope to hear from you soon.

I placed an order with them in very early July via their website - www.resincastmodelparts.com.  I got a message that my order had been received, and I then got a message that my order was processing.  Since then, I've not received any additional information.  I've tried reaching out several times via sales@resincastmodelparts.com and I've logged into the customer portion of the website and tried to get an answer.  So far, zero replies.   Does anybody know what's going on?  I know this is a small, cottage industry; and I get that things do happen.  But some sort of reply or confirmation would be appreciated.

you might be able to find out their personal facebook account through the olsen brothers facebook page. Usually you need a personal account to start a page but its a while since i've used facebook so that might have changed. it might be under details or something about the page, or if you can look through the page history it should say who set up the page somewhere.

Try sending a PM to Gluhead here on the forum, it's either Jim or Chris Olson. I think Chris is the man behind the company and in the past has had some health issues, might be the case again or simply overwhelmed with orders and life. I have ordered many times and it usually was about a 4-6 week wait, sometimes longer, for my stuff. It never disappointed, just took awhile to get to me.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

Try sending a PM to Gluhead here on the forum, it's either Jim or Chris Olson. I think Chris is the man behind the company and in the past has had some health issues, might be the case again or simply overwhelmed with orders and life. I have ordered many times and it usually was about a 4-6 week wait, sometimes longer, for my stuff. It never disappointed, just took awhile to get to me.

Thank you.  I was wondering if perhaps something could be going on health-wise.  I do have some of his stuff that I got from his eBay store a couple of years ago, and it is definitely good stuff.  I hope everything is ok; I would appreciate some sort of confirmation of course. 

13 hours ago, Jonathan said:

Thank you.  I was wondering if perhaps something could be going on health-wise.  I do have some of his stuff that I got from his eBay store a couple of years ago, and it is definitely good stuff.  I hope everything is ok; I would appreciate some sort of confirmation of course. 

I've sent a PM to @gluhead and also to @gui_tarzan; hopefully I'll hear something soon.  

• Like 1

Hey guys, I'm not gluhead, that's Chris. The business is all his, I have no involvement in it. I will take a moment to apologize to you for him, he has had a pretty rough go of it since our dad passed away on June 3rd and he has also had some vision problems due to the resin printing materials and fumes as well. Don't do this stuff without good ventilation! I don't think he has been on his computer for weeks, unfortunately, due to this and I already let Jonathan know that I will contact him. Dad's death hit him a lot harder than it has me but I will do what I can to help. 

Guys - I hate to keep apologizing for Chris's lack of communication, but he is having some real difficulties right now and I will suggest that he temporarily stop taking orders until he gets that cleared up. 

Edited by gui_tarzan
  • Like 1

On 9/3/2022 at 10:39 AM, stitchdup said:

you might be able to find out their personal facebook account through the Olson brothers facebook page. Usually you need a personal account to start a page but its a while since i've used facebook so that might have changed. it might be under details or something about the page, or if you can look through the page history it should say who set up the page somewhere.

Chris doesn't use Facebook. :) I should say he hasn't used it in almost a year since he posted the last round of Bronco parts. He has had a lot of trouble with his vision over the last several months due to the resin printing materials and fumes, something he didn't catch right away so it has affected his communication. 

3 minutes ago, gui_tarzan said:

Chris doesn't use Facebook. :) I should say he hasn't used it in almost a year since he posted the last round of Bronco parts. He has had a lot of trouble with his vision over the last several months due to the resin printing materials and fumes, something he didn't catch right away so it has affected his communication. 

Wow!  Thank you for letting me know.  I figured something must be going on; and I certainly wasn't trying to stir anything.  I wish him the best.  Thank you for the message, too.