Model Cars Magazine Forum

Broken front pillar window. How to repair?

Cut two pieces of popsicle stick that length and sandwich the piller and clamp it... then flow some tamiya extra thin or equivalent in between the gap... leave it clamped until dry... then rescribe deeply and sand/ fill / scribe until straight. Here's some pics I made to kind of illustrate what I mean... 

Hopefully it will work out for you.

16688885082242886553907805864072.thumb.jpg.78dfd8fc08ce88fd4101d084fef9fdaa.jpg16688885310193941865578633157594.thumb.jpg.23cde3d09535427d213e7296d80198c9.jpg

39 minutes ago, 1972coronet said:

Szkoda, że zestaw jest wypaczony. Zestaw wygląda jak Revell Mustang z lat 1965-1966 - czy to niemiecki Revell? Powinieneś mieć możliwość zażądania wymiany od „ROG”.

I bought it from private person. there is no receipt.I'll fix it, it won't be a problem, I just want to know your techniques guys :). Yes that's Revell.

I’m a cheapskate! I would replace the vent window divider with some styrene stock. The A pillar I would try to gently straighten it with a small pair of needle nose pliers. If that failed, I would cut it out and carve a new one from evergreen stock. What have you got to lose? If you wreck it…then look for a replacement.🤷‍♂️ 

24 minutes ago, NOBLNG said:

I’m a cheapskate! I would replace the vent window divider with some styrene stock. The A pillar I would try to gently straighten it with a small pair of needle nose pliers. If that failed, I would cut it out and carve a new one from evergreen stock. What have you got to lose? If you wreck it…then look for a replacement.🤷‍♂️ 

I'm  not a cheapskate but I would attempt to fix so that if you would find a rare kit that had suffered the same fate you would have very the skills,s to repair it.

1 hour ago, NOBLNG said:

I thin I will have to cut it off. the roof is bend on this side aswell. I wll try Polystyrene Sheets. Is there special technique to do it?

It is all about that i want to lern the things like that to be able repair and make my own parts. I look for destroyed models and already painted its all fun to make them all brand new.

25 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

If I didn't have to pay a small fortune to send it to Poland, I'd give it to you.

I doubt that I'll ever build it.

image.jpeg.9189e87114aed5a87edfb723fccb5178.jpeg

Steve

Thank You Steve i appreciate that a lot. I think shipment will cost mode then model i can buy here new and my country may want make me pay 23% tax alwell.

I want to learn new things and its all fun to make it like brand new.

Thank You.

Rafael