Model Cars Magazine Forum

Parts/diecasts/decals/etc offered for trade, to go with my various "Parts Wanted" posts

Russell C

Please Note:  The list below is for the benefit of modelers responding to my occasional Parts Wanted posts, please do keep an eye out for those. I have a variety of somewhat stalled projects, so I need to get my act together and start acquiring the bits that will enable to plow ahead and finish 'em. If you see something you desperately need, I can PM the whole Wanted list, which isn't very long.

March 6, 2024 Update: Here's my current short list - click on the individual Wanted posts links below - Added the items list today about vintage AMT chrome parts and '60 Buick partial body / chassis / parts, and the two sets of '66 Malibu flames decal sheets.

Blue flames decals from AMT Sunoco '34 Ford pickup kit
Monogram Red Baron decal sheet and - long shot - perfect condition chrome helmet
AMT chrome reverse / baby moon wheels

The descriptions below have mostly generic photo links to the particular model I'm referring to so that you know what I'm talking about, and a couple of the links are to my own photos I uploaded to the MCM forum here. For those who want to see photos of exactly what I'm describing to gauge the condition of what you are looking for, PM me and I can respond with those, and answer any questions about what I have — assume that I have already robbed some bits out of what I'm offering to trade, so it is important to ask specifically if what you need is what I have. This list is mostly leftover unused parts, with the few nearly complete kits designated that way.

====================================

AMT '60 Buick convertible leftovers from this gluebomb, basically everything seen there except for the bumpers, windshield and the front clip ahead of the windshield posts. The body has had the side trim filed off, I stripped the paint off the body and the dash. What's on the seats will wash right off with Purple Power degreaser. Only one chrome taillight is usable when it comes to the chrome.

vintage AMT chrome parts, not perfect, but most pieces in decent shape:  angled aerial antennas, gear shifters, column shifters with tacs, 6 '40 Ford unpainted taillights, oval taillights, 5 bullet-shape things, spotlights, tri-carbs with angled intakes, Chrysler Firepower / Corvette / flathead valve covers, and the other bits.

Still shrink-wrapped AMT 1941 Ford custom woody, the kit that was the gift to registrants at the 2019 GSL contest

Revell 1/32 scale T-bird original issue black-molded, snapped together, not glued, in fine shape with reasonably good original box

AMT Slammers Black Force '39 Ford snapped together, no wheels

Monogram '30 Ford Woody street rod nearly complete unbuilt kit (minus the wire spoke wheels and essentially the one extra license plate

AMT Dodge Viper GTS coupe nearly complete unbuilt kit (recently robbed the wheels out of this old stillborn project of mine), where I personally airbrushed-painted the body in a magenta pearl nail polish color, clear coat needs to be added

Trumpeter 1960 Pontiac convertible mostly complete unbuilt with the satin chrome, no hood, no taillights, no rear bumper, and I dechromed and polished the front bumper and grille in prep to have them rechromed

Tamiya 1966 VW Beetle 1300 leftover parts - no engine block but has all other engine parts, along with the other parts I didn't use for my "Backbug" model

AMT Superbug VW, unassembled chrome plated engine, minus the fan shroud

Revell Super Safari dunebuggy, gluebomb unassembled VW engine (chrome in lousy condition), and one or three other parts

Lindberg 1/32 scale Aston Martin, molded in electric pink plastic, body assembled but unpainted, no wheels/tires or steering wheel.

AMT 1969 Chevelle, chrome parts trees

AMT 1934 Ford street rod, what I have is seen in my photo here, plus the front & back chrome bumpers.

Revell Luv Machine unpainted rear fenders, wheels, dash, and a few other pieces -- additional photos 4 posts below, or click here for the same.

Monogram 1973 Chevy Luv stepsider, glue bomb, minus dash and rear fenders

Revell 1969 Corvette coupe, partly assembled glue bomb, missing engine pieces, no front suspension clip, front fender lip areas and roof have since been sliced off, one decal sliced out of the sheet, decent condition kit box

Revell 1969 Z28 Camaro, partly assembled glue bomb, mostly ok unpainted body but with one big glue sink, some parts unused, ok chrome parts, gas tank sliced out of the body, complete decal sheet, one little decal logo (?) sliced out of the sheet, decent condition kit box

Monogram 1960 Chevy panel "Bad Actor" and "Quicksilver" damaged bodies, painted/unpainted unassembled parts

AMT 1969 Mustang Mach 1, tail lights, engine, stock & custom wheels, assorted other parts

AMT 1958 Chevy Impala, customizing parts, and maybe one or three assorted stock parts, such as the taillights

Revell 1962 Dodge Dart 4-door glue bomb interior, chassis & engine in not especially bad condition. I'm keeping the body.

Fujimi Koenig Specials Porsche 928, no body, mostly interior, suspension, & random other parts

Monogram 1987 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe, taillights panel ONLY

Jo-han 1964 Cadillac, front seat, two wheel covers

Revell Monogram 1970 Malibu, metallic blue-molded stock hood, unpainted

Revell original issue 1931 Ford sedan delivery, metallic blue plastic molded body, one surf board, various other parts, no engine, two good condition kit boxes, instruction sheets and accompanying flyers

Monogram 1935 Mercedes Benz coupe, maroon-molded body

Monogram Duesenberg SJ, wheels & tires, various chrome parts, engine block & other pieces. I'm keeping the grille, though.

Monogram NASCAR Monte Carlo Aerocoupe black-molded plastic engine, rear glass, a few other leftover parts

Italeri 4x4 Fire Jeep, unbuilt, unpainted parts for the frame, engine, drivetrain & wheels/tires. No body or fire equipment

Gowland & Gowland 1/32 scale MG TD decent shape glue bomb, tan unpainted plastic, no wheels, no rear axle/springs, or windshield frame

AMT 1928 Lincoln unbuilt/unpainted parts, all engine parts, wheels/tires, many gangster parts

Monogram Red Baron glue bomb parts in so-so shape, wheels, tires machine guns, partial engine

MPC 1/16 scale Shelby 427 Cobra two-carbs/aircleaners & corresponding intake, convertible up-top, underside long exhaust pipes option, "sunburst" wheels

Revell 1929 Ford roadster many unbuilt parts, all engine parts, wheels/tires, most channeled option parts

Decals — Monogram '66 Malibu SS flames decal sheets, two uncut sheets

Decals — Revell 1960 Chevy Impala hardtop partial sheet, red seat patterns (I'll have to cut out the orange flames I want to keep)

Decals — Revell 1932 Ford Highboy partial sheet, checkerboard, gauges, scallop stripes (I'm keeping the flames)

Decals — Revell 1966 Chevy El Camino partial sheet (I'm keeping the flames)

Decals — Revell 1932 Ford 5-window partial sheet (I'm keeping half of the flames that are NOT the Devil Deuce ones, but I did use the devil face already on my Ranchero rebuild)

Decals — Revell Pennzoil top fuel dragster, main decal stuff still intact

Decals — AMT Ford Snakebite 4x4 monster truck, main decal stuff still intact

Detail Master black flocking velour, unopened bag

Scale Resin Detailers winch & tow hook for 4x4 / offload vehicles, unopened bag

2 - Scale Equipment Ltd "Miss GSL XIX" from the 2003 GSL contest to early registrants, #35 and #55 castings of 120 total of the limited production run

Diecasts — The Hot Wheels giftaways from the GSL contests to early registrants which had the special GSL stickers affixed to the blister cards, with the exception of the ziplock bagged & marked 1997 purple '49 Mercury and the 1999 GSL card #45 of 100 chrome body '40 Ford woody (GSL sticker on its roof). The rest are sticker card ones: 2003 orange '64 Riviera, 2005 blue/yellow Surf Crate, 2007 blue flamed Deuce Roadster, 2009 orange Concept Camaro (with GSL card within blister pack), 2013 yellow Mooneyes '70 Chenille wagon, 2015 magenta 2015 Mustang, 2017 black/white stripe '69 Camaro, 2019 green VW GTI

Diecast — Franklin Mint 1/24 scale 1941 Lincoln remnants, maroon painted body, engine block, posable front axle, chassis, rear axle, convertible top boot, random other bits

Diecast — 1/64 scales, from the Cheerios cereal giveaways years back, #9 Bill Elliott Dodge, #43 John Andretti Cheerios Dodge, #94 Bill Elliot red McDonalds Ford (can't find an online photo of that one), #94 Bill Elliot blue Mac Tonight McDonalds Ford (can't find an online photo of that one, either)

Diecast — from an Excedrin pain reliever giveaway, #57 Jason Keller Excedrin Monte Carlo, with box (I took all the pills, not all at once, though)

Diecasts — Two cheapo (I forget the mfg'er) Fiat X 1/9s, one green, one red where I painted the targa roof area black

Diecasts — Two Road Champs Winnebago Chieftain motorhomes, each with different striping

Diecasts — Two Hot Wheels Surfing' School Bus, woodgrain side, one painted yellow, the other is blue

Diecasts — Two identical Racing Champions 1/144 scale blue & white stripe Dodge Ram longbed pickups

Diecast — Red Hot Wheels go cart

Diecast — Red with yellow stripes Hot Wheels Shelby Cobra

Diecast — Red & black Ertl 1926 Mack Bulldog straight truck van coin bank (1/43-ish scale?), where I painted the white tires black and applied dry transfer lettering for it to be a Denver & Rio Grande Railway delivery truck

Not a die cast — maroon plastic 1/87 scale Herpa BMW 750IL with opening hood and original box, perfect shape

Tin box — 8" long two-piece tin Palmer Chocolates Terry Lebonte #5 Kellogs Tony the Tiger Monte Carlo box. Includes aluminum foil wraps for the car-shaped chocolates that were in it (I ate all the chocolate)

Edited by Russell C
updated status of now-traded items

14 hours ago, Zen said:

Monogram 1973 Chevy Luv stepsider ... Interested in this if you can provide a few more pics of the overall condition ...

For your benefit and any others interested, more pics. I robbed the back fenders and dash out of it for another project. Looks like the builder pressed the headlight lenses in rather than glue-mushing them, but the frame pieces got heavily mushes, and there's a sizeable glue thumbprint on the driver's side door, and the passenger side door sill really got smeared, driver side sill a little less so. Top parts of the back wall M.I.A. Good chrome on the bumper, but not super shiny.

516577433_Luvdrside.jpg.24bb0267bef38e5b27c6817473d5fd44.jpg

342676952_Luvframe.jpg.64c14ad031233be0584992fb1af68775.jpg

1891782998_Luvbackpass.jpg.6d1331bf8118105a232a65497e0f0cd9.jpg