Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC 1980 Ford Bronco Reissue.

martinfan5

I confirmed yesterday the upcoming Ford Bronco reissue has the 1982 trim parts, and that we do not have the earlier grille insert.  The description will be changed to 1982 Ford Bronco.  It will most likely be packaged in one of the vintage box styles but I'm not sure which one yet.  I happen to the like the graphics on the 1980 box, but we'll see. 

-Steve

Edited by SteveG
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just to hijack this thread a little, since it's a reissue and ford thread. Will any of the leaf spring bigfoots ever get a release? Any of those go for big money. Even a release of destroyer 2 would be welcome.  If it does happen can the stock grill be released? Most monster truck guys would like stock version as an option. 

3 hours ago, SteveG said:

I confirmed yesterday the upcoming Ford Bronco reissue has the 1982 trim parts, and that we do not have the earlier grille insert.  The description will be changed to 1982 Ford Bronco.  It will most likely be packaged in one of the vintage box styles but I'm not sure which one yet.  I happen to the like the graphics on the 1980 box, but we'll see. 

-Steve

Since the Revell-o-gram Bronco is also being rereleased, and it being an '80-'81, it is good that the MPC kit will be an '82+ version.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/28/2023 at 9:47 AM, stavanzer said:

But, it has engine options that the AMT kit does not

I haven’t bought this kit before, is the engine supposed to represent a 302 or a 351M? 

Another thing I notice that would help this kit in the looks department is to use the western swing mirrors that come in the Moebius Ford kits, those are better proportioned IMO. 

56 minutes ago, Smoke Wagon said:

I haven’t bought this kit before, is the engine supposed to represent a 302 or a 351M?

I have no clue. Not sure MPC did either....!

The Ford Experts will weigh in eventually and tell us, I expect.

My ‘80 F-150 has the 351M with original valve covers, I’d say it looks like MPC didn’t know what the production engine would look like when the tooling was cut. The twin-I-beam looks fair to me, and I can tell that the transmission is supposed to be a C6. The transfer case on this year Ford should be a New Process unit.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

So getting one of these; so happy it is finally available again.

One thing I've wondered about the MPC front suspension: is there not supposed to be some sort of shaft between the pumpkin side and the non-pumpkin side? The Monogram F-150 and Bronco kits do include a shaft.

1 hour ago, Stef said:

One thing I've wondered about the MPC front suspension: is there not supposed to be some sort of shaft between the pumpkin side and the non-pumpkin side?

Yes, the shaft connects from the front differential to the wheel opposite of the side with the diff., but it’s mostly concealed within the suspension arms on the real thing. 

748905A5-C7C9-470B-A365-016311A193BC.jpeg.4baba8eafa110d1f85829a45c960e379.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1