Model Cars Magazine Forum

I picked up issue 217 Sunday , reading at lunch today ... this magazine keeps getting better every issue . 

But .... great story about the Mobius VS MPC  ramp truck ... hands down Mobius wins and MPC is an outdated toy .

That being said ... the author says , talking about the engine in the Mobius 1966 Ford F350 being a “ nice representation of a 351 “ ??? Even the box says it’s a 390 . ( unlike many many AMT/MPC kits’s box art describing incorrect contents ie: the MPC ‘34 Ford Slammer dirt modified having a 428 Ford engine while the kit has a bbc ... and let’s never forget the AMT James Bond issue ‘71 Mach1 and the two fiascos for kit engines ) 

My guess the engine is representing a 360/390 , or maybe a 352 ( but I dought that ), but most definitely a FE engine . Unless not factory original equipment ... neither the 351 Windsor , 351 Cleveland nor the 351M ( modified as its usually called ) were not available in 1966 ! 

I just believe a little more editing is in order please and thankyou .

14 hours ago, David Miller said:

That being said ... the author says , talking about the engine in the Mobius 1966 Ford F350 being a “ nice representation of a 351 “ ??? Even the box says it’s a 390 . ( unlike many many AMT/MPC kits’s box art describing incorrect contents ie: the MPC ‘34 Ford Slammer dirt modified having a 428 Ford engine while the kit has a bbc ... and let’s never forget the AMT James Bond issue ‘71 Mach1 and the two fiascos for kit engines ) 

My guess the engine is representing a 360/390 , or maybe a 352 ( but I dought that ), but most definitely a FE engine . Unless not factory original equipment ... neither the 351 Windsor , 351 Cleveland nor the 351M ( modified as its usually called ) were not available in 1966 ! 

I just believe a little more editing is in order please and thankyou .

You're right. I can do better with double checking in the future.

12 hours ago, moparfarmer said:

I got mine February 10 in Winnipeg Canada..Canada post is not very good at best..

Still no sign of mine here in Edmonton. :(

On 2/21/2023 at 7:22 PM, rrb124@sbcglobal.net said:

Received the missing issue 217 this morning Feb 21. super!

Then I'm not so bad off, getting #217 in Stockholm, Sweden today! That makes the score 4-2 in arrived vs lost and probably is a deal breaker in renewing. For the record, the missing copies have been replaced.

• 1 month later...

It looks like I'm stiffed again because I have not got the #217 yet, I also live in Sweden like Claes who got his copy February 21st, and it has been over a month and I still haven't not got mine...it's a week into April now for gods sake.
I don't know where the problem lies, if it's with the post delivery in here in Sweden or if it's with the bulk shipper you are using, somewhere somehow magazines seems to disappear in to a dark hole and never reach the subscriber.
Issue #216 came as it should tho'.
I subscribe to another magazine from the US and it seems to come sporadically too so I suspect some of the problems can be with Postnord, the Swedish post delivery, since they changed to every other day delivery a while ago it hasn't been that reliable.
This is starting to get very frustrating.

Edited by Force

19 hours ago, Force said:

It looks like I'm stiffed again because I have not got the #217 yet, I also live in Sweden like Claes who got his copy February 21st, and it has been over a month and I still haven't not got mine...it's a week into April now for gods sake.
I don't know where the problem lies, if it's with the post delivery in here in Sweden or if it's with the bulk shipper you are using, somewhere somehow magazines seems to disappear in to a dark hole and never reach the subscriber.
Issue #216 came as it should tho'.
I subscribe to another magazine from the US and it seems to come sporadically too so I suspect some of the problems can be with Postnord, the Swedish post delivery, since they changed to every other day delivery a while ago it hasn't been that reliable.
This is starting to get very frustrating.

We've had an unusually large number of delivery problems with Sweden and Finland. We don't know why. Send me a PM if it hasn't gotten there by next week, and we'll send you a replacement. 

4 hours ago, Dave Ambrose said:

We've had an unusually large number of delivery problems with Sweden and Finland. We don't know why. Send me a PM if it hasn't gotten there by next week, and we'll send you a replacement. 

Will do, Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/8/2023 at 3:10 AM, Dave Ambrose said:

Did you get my PM Dave?