Model Cars Magazine Forum

1940's Sprint car - from scratch

First up, I lurk here a lot.  And redzed's AMT sprint car post inspired me to share what I've been working on.

So, a million years ago (1980 something) I set about kit bashing one of those AMT kits to build a 1940's sprint car using the tail section.  Pre roll bars and wings and overhead valve engines.   But the problem with 1980 something was I was a teenager with a short attention span who liked teenage girls more than model cars!   

Fast forward a couple decades, teenage me is long gone as well as the cigar box holding all the bits and pieces for an early sprint car.   But I had the bug again to build one in scale.  Since I dabble in 3d Design and printing now seemed like a perfect time (that and I got a heck of a deal on a resin printer that needed testing).   Below is an in progress shot during the design phase.  All said, I messed with the design for about 3 weeks of evenings when I was watching T.V.  

Screenshot (79).png

• Like 1

• 7 months later...