Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT GTX Pro Street '69

Sportabout

This kit is quite modest and a bit lacking, but a good starting point for Pro Street.

_medium.jpg

The tunnel ram that came with the kit needs a lot of work to be good. The original carburetors are replaced by after market parts.

_medium.jpg

Modified tunnel ram looks better than original.

_medium.jpg

I could not find ready suitable headers so they are modified from the kit headers.

_medium.jpg

Making disc brakes is time consuming. I made brakes and rims from the parts of the kit and styrene rods. The drums had to be drilled with a 14 mm drill to fit the 11" disks inside the rim.

_medium.jpg

_medium.jpg

I also made DIY brake booster because the kit did not have it.

_medium.jpg

The front tires had to be glued together with the support.

_medium.jpg

• Like 4

The brake and fuel lines have been installed, as well as the carburetor linkages. 

_medium.jpg

I changed the rear springs to ones made of iron wire and improved the suspension in other ways.

_medium.jpg

Interior is ready but there were some issues with the pedals and I changed them to the parts I found my parts box. Original seats looked a bit weird so I changed them too.

_medium.jpg

The body is painted and needs clear coating. Stance testing with interior and engine. Could be a little lower.

_medium.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Kari, good looking build here. I’m a big fan of pro street. As for the static, washing with water will help, you could try wiping the INSIDE of the body with  a “Bounce” dryer sheet, or there are anti-static brushes. Apparently the Tamiya anti static brush is really good, but I do not (YET) own one. Hope that helps.

Cheers, Steve