Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wanted DATED 1967 Impala bumpers and hubcaps or someone that can refinish mine

AZPartsLocators

I recently picked up a clean original amt 1967 Impala convertible. It was store in a damp location for a ton of years so the bumpers and hubcaps have little to none of the plating left on them. I need both front and rear as well as the caps or someone that can refinish mine. Have lots to trade. Not looking for the reissue ones that aren't dated but the hubcaps would probably work.  Have tons of stuff to trade.

On 1/27/2023 at 3:20 PM, BlackSheep214 said:

Its easy to restore it yourself. Strip the chrome using bleach. Repaint it yourself using Molotow Chrome pen or Alclad chrome.

While I do have molotow, I don't know how to airbrush. I have sprayed real 1:1 cars but never used an airbrush. I know it sounds silly but that is just the case.

• 2 weeks later...

IIRC, the only one left doing replating is Dale Horner,  Little Motor Kar Company

His e-mail is,  lmkco@outlook.com

Expect to pay about  $4.50 per piece for bumpers. [plus shipping] 

, , , and it could take a couple months to get back.

Some might say he's not in business anymore but that's B.S., I just had some stuff done up by him. 

Edited by Can-Con

5 hours ago, Can-Con said:

IIRC, the only one left doing replating is Dale Horner,  Little Motor Kar Company

His e-mail is,  lmkco@outlook.com

Expect to pay about  $4.50 per piece for bumpers. [plus shipping] 

, , , and it could take a couple months to get back.

Some might say he's not in business anymore but that's B.S., I just had some stuff done up by him. 

Thank you for the lead. Honestly the price doesn't seem too bad to me. I will look into it

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2023 at 11:00 PM, Leica007 said:

I've got a 67 bumper, but it doesn't have 1967 in the plate area.  It's never been used, can you use it? If so, pm your address.

Let me apologize for the delay in getting back to you. For some reason, I don't always get messages when there is a response. I really appreciate the offer but I am set on the rear bumper with the 1967 date plate as this is a really nice annual build up, I want to try and stay with era correct parts if at all possible.