Model Cars Magazine Forum

2023 BRGB Tri axle T600 K-whooper

Got a start on the trailer for the truck. Starting with the AMT Lowboy kit (as the donor). Will use the rear three axle section without beaver tail, will stretch to a 40ft drop deck. Will build up a set of 10 hole wheelset. 81CAD6A5-AB70-43A8-B678-6C711524F893.jpeg.fad21a298695737bec257d51016d0874.jpeg
Frame paint in turquoise and suspension in semi gloss black

• Like 1

That’s a really good idea. I stretched the frame on this build so the original panels don’t fit , otherwise I would try out what you did. 

8 hours ago, Bills72sj said:

I have a suggestion on the wood decking. Paint it dark brown. Then paint is flat tan. Once it is cured, lightly sand the tan to expose the wood grain texture.

IMG_0992.JPG

IMG_0991.JPG

3 hours ago, Gary Chastain said:

That’s a really good idea. I stretched the frame on this build so the original panels don’t fit , otherwise I would try out what you did. 

I actually stretched the upper frame on my lowboy too. However, I did a trade with another modeler to get extra decking. I repurposed the diamond plate between the tires to fit over the 5th wheel.

IMG_0913.JPG

18 minutes ago, Bills72sj said:

I actually stretched the upper frame on my lowboy too. However, I did a trade with another modeler to get extra decking. I repurposed the diamond plate between the tires to fit over the 5th wheel.

IMG_0913.JPG

Got any finished pictures of your trailer? Like to see em.