Model Cars Magazine Forum

BRGB Kenworth Alaskan Hauler

Thank you guys for all the information , it’s good know , I was just assuming they were straight . 
I worked on modifying the right air cleaner added a warm air intake and modified the hood side panel .

I know this isn’t the correct set up for this truck but I like the looks of this better than having it running down to the lower panel .

still have some clean up to do but wanted to do a quick mock up .

thanks

Mark

3E6F91B2-458D-4BD3-87BA-60C1793CD030.jpeg

86AF917C-5E7A-4C36-B703-FEAA4665E755.jpeg

Edited by k100
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Bennyg said:

Looks good. I’ll share a link with you from Tim A. It shows some of the set up of that unique air cleaner. Love your work. 
https://public.fotki.com/mackinac359/kenworth-model-gallery-1/alaskan-hauler-wide/?view=roll#19

Ben

Hello Ben, thanks for putting the link up. I gives some good information, on how Tim built his truck.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bigred63 said:

Hello Ben, thanks for putting the link up. I gives some good information, on how Tim built his truck.

Happy to help. I’ve got an Auslowe version on the go. Would love to get one of these ones to do as well. I’m having trouble with the fitment of the bonnet/hood. I’m making mine an Aussie version though. Cheers

Ben

Ben thank you the comment , Tim’s web site is great place to get ideals from,I seen his Alaskan hauler that gave me inspiration to build this .

I also had trouble aligning the cab and hood I ended up cutting off 2 Locating pin on the rear cab mount then I was able to align the cab to the hood and front cab mounts I also had to shim up the right cab mount so the cab would set level .

Mark

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Lee, Brian thank you for the comments .

This is how my version of the Alaskan hauler is turning out ,after fighting with the alignment of the hood ,cab, and sleeper I decided to omit the sleeper all together . After some shimming and a few swear words I got the hood and cab  lined up fairly decent . The rear suspension is now mounted in place , I decided to add a tag axle .

The frame is almost complete need to add air tanks and the fuel tank .

Thanks for looking 

Mark

KW mock-up 1.jpg

KW mock-up 2.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Jeff & Brian thank you ,you guy's are right about the fit issues , I got the frame pretty square but the rear cab mount is crooked , I had to cut the tabs off just to get the cab lined up with hood .

Ben & Steve thank you the comments.

Edwin thank you for the tip I will use that next time .

Just a little update I decided to open the grill for a more realistic look  .

Thanks for looking .

grill.jpg

grill 3.jpg

Edited by k100
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you for the comments , I didn’t get a June update had some unexpected family issues .

I did get some work done over the 4th , got the air lines ran and got the frame painted , made new fuel tanks , I also shorten the frame . Now I can’t decide on day cab or sleeper .

thanks 

Mark 

IMG_8338.jpeg

IMG_8336.jpeg

IMG_8339.jpeg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...