Model Cars Magazine Forum

My lil girl building her 4th model car.

H.A.K

6 hours ago, 1930fordpickup said:

This is Awesome Sam.  What a nice way to spend time with your daughter.  Tried getting my nephews to build, no luck. 

Thanks, its nice to be able to do something with her when all she wants to do is be on her phone. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BuilderX said:

Enjoy every moment with her building! before you know it she done with it and off to college! ask me how I know😉 

Thanks, I am.

Nice job she is doing on the Caddy!

Thank you. 

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter's 59 caddie update.  Got the paint done. Just working on the chrome trim. All but the Eldorado trim is the chrome pen. At 15, she killed that chrome trim.  Interior is all done. We outlined the seat inserts with black piping.

20230415_164107.jpg

20230415_164128.jpg

20230415_164138.jpg

20230415_164145.jpg

20230415_164152.jpg

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, jsc said:

Has she had any issues with this kit?  I'm stumped with my hardtop - it seems the body doesn't want to go all the way down on the chassis.  Any tips? 

Yes, thats why is a convertible now. I couldn't get it fixed, even with 30 yrs of modeling. 

9 hours ago, KWT said:

Wow... she's better at trim work than I am. Impressive!

I had her use the 4 MM chrome pen. That way she could get the pen tip to sit in the middle of the edges where the time is going and it should balance out the trim.

Hi Samuel, this is awesome to see. I was able to build one (pink) model with my daughter and unfortunately that was it. I really enjoyed it and so did she. I also built her a pink Toyota Prius a while back, one of my favourite builds. Your daughter is doing a great job on this, who doesn’t love a pink Caddy?!! 

Cheers, Steve

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Steve H said:

Hi Samuel, this is awesome to see. I was able to build one (pink) model with my daughter and unfortunately that was it. I really enjoyed it and so did she. I also built her a pink Toyota Prius a while back, one of my favourite builds. Your daughter is doing a great job on this, who doesn’t love a pink Caddy?!! 

Cheers, Steve

Thank you. This is her 4th model car. And I hope not last.

So we got the body done. Well, for the most part.  Enough to go to the next step. To put the windshield in and interior.  Then to add the chassis to the body. Started adding to rest of the details to the engine bay. Then she got tired. So more to come.

20230420_154920.jpg

20230420_154927.jpg

20230420_154937.jpg

• 2 weeks later...