Model Cars Magazine Forum

This Community

Calb56

I got back to building after being away for 12-13 years, I've had to start over from Ground Zero literally. The help and feedback I've received here is great. I've received a few parts even though I've had nothing to trade in return. I've been able to send some things out which hopefully have helped others. Comments on my attempt to do weathering on my 29 has definitely lifted spirits especially from others whose builds I respect a lot.

Technical information I've gotten from Ace-Garageguy has been invaluable. I mentioned a kit that Kit Karson sent me around Christmas, which I've been gathering parts for and will be my next build. The resin and help from 68shortfleet has been appreciated and the last news from him blew me away.

Outside of this group, a couple of individual vendors have been really cool about answering questions and a couple of times even holding orders until I got paid.

So, to the members here, I just want to say "Thank you ", this a great community of people.

Charles 

Edited by Calb56
  • Like 12

I had a lot of "growing pains" when I first joined the forum......... This was/still is the only forum that I'm a member of. I had to learn all the basics ( etiquette and such... )..... But I've learned a Bunch since I've been here, and from the looks of this thread that I started some time back, a lot of other builders have improved with their building.....

This is the Best forum about anything, anywhere........

• Like 1

Calb56( Charles) the forum is only as good as the members here! Remember birds of the feather flock together.  Lots of good members here! Model building is about relaxation, camaraderie, friendships, and most importantly FUN!! If it isn't fun, it is not worth doing it!

• Like 1

On 4/14/2023 at 2:10 PM, Calb56 said:

So, to the members here, I just want to say "Thank you ", this a great community of people.

Charles 

I second your thanks to the members! They are a friendly, supportive and inspirational group.

• Like 1